Six Flags' Next Coaster: When? Where?

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:27 PM
We'll take X, Tatsu, and the Half Pipe from Elitch for SFOG, thanks. Or maybe the mirrored Batman from SFNO, make a really ghetto Duelling Dragons knockoff. :)
+0
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:53 PM
Gimme Revolution for SFGadv...we'll put it in somehow ;)

Haha no I'm not giving Patrick the finger

+0
Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:36 PM
SFGadv will be recieiving a new rollercoaster in 2008. Magic Mountain has plans for a new roller coaster as well, but it has been scrapped until the future plans for the park pan out.

It would have been an out and back woodie.

+0
Sunday, September 17, 2006 3:06 PM
DantheCoasterman's avatar SFKK will take the out and back.......and X.......and Tatsu......and Half Pipe, Batman.....HECK! We'll even take DEJA'Vu!
+0
Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:21 PM
I would like to see a family spinner at Great Adventure.

Thought I would prefer to see a few nice additions to Hurricane Harbor. That place has been stagnant for quite some time. It's so far below Splish Splash that it isn't funny.


Here's To Shorter Lines & Longer Trip Reports!

+0
Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:29 PM
Splish Splash is top 5 water park in the country, so I don't think it's an adequate water park to pair it with. It's privately owned and has been pumped with money year after year.

It's simply beautiful.

All hurricane harbor is to six flags is yet another park that functions. How it does so isn't considered.

+0
Sunday, September 17, 2006 11:08 PM

makel said:
SFGadv will be recieiving a new rollercoaster in 2008. Magic Mountain has plans for a new roller coaster as well, but it has been scrapped until the future plans for the park pan out.

It would have been an out and back woodie.


SFGRADV probably won't be recieving any coasters for 08,the days of spoiling SFMM,SFGRADV & SFGRAM with coaster after coaster every two years are over.

If things don't go well for the chain in 07 SFGRADV might just find itself on the chopping block....the current owners aren't going to have the millions of dollars to blow on cap ex spending like the previous owners had.

As is they're struggling to pay off their debt right now which is why so many non essential expenditures,such as the daily parades,costumed characters & other things were cancelled mid season.SFI needs to start investing in rides for the parks that the previous management overlooked...those three parks <SFGRADV,MM & GRAM> aren't able to sustain the financial weight of the entire company.

+0
Sunday, September 17, 2006 11:12 PM
Not only are they(GADV) recieving another roller coaster, they are recieving an entire new section.

It will be Intamin's version of the 4th generation, it's called a "ball" coaster. They added a pretty weak design over seas, but the one hitting GADV for the 2008 season is no weak design. You should see the plans, they are incredible. *** Edited 9/18/2006 3:14:28 AM UTC by makel***

+0
Sunday, September 17, 2006 11:21 PM
SFoGswim's avatar Why don't you show them to us?
Welcome back, red train, how was your ride?!
+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 2:13 AM
makel.

Have you been following what has happened since Shapiro took over as CEO? Have you listened to what he has said in media reports and in the conference calls?

If you had, you would know that what you are stating isn't going to happen. PERIOD!!!!!!!

Now go visit another coaster site and spew your supposed knowledge.


My favorite MJ tune: "Billie Jean" which I have been listening to alot now. RIP MJ.

+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 8:31 AM
Chitown, I'm telling you right now, your 100% and completely wrong. I know you want to feel like you know what's going on, but the bottom line is you don't.

And if you go to Las Vegas and place a nice bet on GADV not recieving a coaster in 2008, you'd lose that bet. You'd lose it biiig time.

+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 8:40 AM

BATWING FAN SFA said:

makel said:
SFGadv will be recieiving a new rollercoaster in 2008. Magic Mountain has plans for a new roller coaster as well, but it has been scrapped until the future plans for the park pan out.

It would have been an out and back woodie.


SFGRADV probably won't be recieving any coasters for 08,the days of spoiling SFMM,SFGRADV & SFGRAM with coaster after coaster every two years are over.

If things don't go well for the chain in 07 SFGRADV might just find itself on the chopping block....the current owners aren't going to have the millions of dollars to blow on cap ex spending like the previous owners had.

As is they're struggling to pay off their debt right now which is why so many non essential expenditures,such as the daily parades,costumed characters & other things were cancelled mid season.SFI needs to start investing in rides for the parks that the previous management overlooked...those three parks <SFGRADV,MM & GRAM> aren't able to sustain the financial weight of the entire company.


Universal has looked at Gadv a number of times. They offered, If I remember correctly, 120 million for the park about 4 or 5 years ago. Six Flags said no. Universal has come back time and time again looking to take the park right off of Six Flags' hands.

So, you are correct in the assumption that GADV may find itself in a new pair of hands soon.

But trust me, that's only a good sign, not a bad sign of things to come.

+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 8:52 AM
matt.'s avatar Reeeeallllyyy would like some sources any time now.
+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 10:42 AM

makel said:
Chitown, I'm telling you right now, your 100% and completely wrong. I know you want to feel like you know what's going on, but the bottom line is you don't.

And if you go to Las Vegas and place a nice bet on GADV not recieving a coaster in 2008, you'd lose that bet. You'd lose it biiig time.


Who ever said I want to feel like I know what is going on? I personally could care less.

You spouting off that a huge big expense coaster is going into the New Jersey park is about as accurate as Bush is with the Iraq war.

Next time Shapiro is doing a conference call, please get on your phone and ask him if such a project is going to happen. I guarantee he will laugh at you.


My favorite MJ tune: "Billie Jean" which I have been listening to alot now. RIP MJ.

+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 11:36 AM

Chitown said:

makel said:
Chitown, I'm telling you right now, your 100% and completely wrong. I know you want to feel like you know what's going on, but the bottom line is you don't.

And if you go to Las Vegas and place a nice bet on GADV not recieving a coaster in 2008, you'd lose that bet. You'd lose it biiig time.


Who ever said I want to feel like I know what is going on? I personally could care less.

You spouting off that a huge big expense coaster is going into the New Jersey park is about as accurate as Bush is with the Iraq war.

Next time Shapiro is doing a conference call, please get on your phone and ask him if such a project is going to happen. I guarantee he will laugh at you.


I'm not spouting off anything, I'm actually telling you what's going to happen, because I can GUARANTEE that something I can promise is something you can't. So before you start guaranteeing me anything, why don't you guarantee yourself out of this conversation, because your so confused it's scary.

And do me a favor, please, go review that conference call. Please enlighten me as to where Shapiro tells anyone that Six Flags Great Adventure, the premier Six Flags park, is not recieving a fourth dimension, Intamin ball coaster for 2008.

Because I can GUARANTEE you it's not there. Why? Because your information is inaccurate.

Sorry to ruin your afternoon.

+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 11:39 AM
Also, as for this "big expense" coaster not coming to Gadv, where have you been the past five years? You were probably the same person, Chitown, laughing at people who brought up that Six Flags was recieving a monster wooden coaster exactly ONE YEAR after they recieve the world record breaking coaster.

Do me a favor, read over your posts a few times. If you find yourself slamming your head into a wall, than I'll ease up.

+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 11:45 AM
rollergator's avatar Just a tip:

http://www.coasterbuzz.com/staff.htm

Scroll toward the bottom. ;)

+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 12:54 PM
......

All I'm saying is that some of you who are so quick to dispute this news need to not so quickly refute anything that goes against your thought process.

I guess there's no reason to argue over this because what's fact is fact.

As time nears you'll see. *** Edited 9/18/2006 4:56:24 PM UTC by makel***

+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 7:53 PM
sirloindude's avatar We're disputing you because we have more evidence than you do. You're violating all that is held dear in the theme park world by completely disrespecting SFGAdv by denying them any secrecy and claiming they will be receiving a new ride. If you at all cared about SFGAdv, you would be keeping your mouth shut. However, you're coming here and violating the privacy of a park, whether you are right about a new ride or not, and killing your credibility in the process. If you want to save face, you'd present us with some evidence. You'd have a park representative come on here or tell us, you'd show us pics of blueprints, or something substantial.

Meanwhile, we are offering the evidence presented by Mark Shapiro in his frequent statements about how SF is going to steer away from large coasters for a while. I hardly consider 1 season to be a while (2007). If any parks would be getting new rides, I would think it would be the oft-neglected parks, not the major, coaster-laden parks that take advantage of the lack of accountability they've been held to.

The only way I see it happening is if it was put on the boards under the previous administration and new management is unable to get out of it (or doesn't see the need to). However, until we see some substantial evidence, we have no reason whatsoever to believe you, and you should stop wasting your breath trying to get us to.

Sirloin, who is suspicious of trolling.


13 Boomerang, 9 SLC, and 8 B-TR clones

www.grapeadventuresphotography.com

+0
Monday, September 18, 2006 8:49 PM
matt.'s avatar

makel said:

All I'm saying is that some of you who are so quick to dispute this news


You have an interesting definition of "news."

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2021, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...