Italian Job At PKI in 2005!

Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:01 AM
Just checked PKI's site. Italian Job Test Track in 2005!

Paramount Pictures’ The Italian Job™ Premieres as a High-Speed Mini Cooper™ Stunt Car Ride at Paramount’s
Kings Island in 2005

Stunt drivers dodge near-collisions, chase through tunnels and narrowly escape massive explosions triggered by gunfire from a menacing helicopter.

Another Hollywood big-screen spectacular comes to life at Paramount’s Kings Island with the addition of THE ITALIAN JOB: Stunt Track™, a new multi-million dollar fast-track coaster experience for 2005. Based on the high-action finale of Paramount Pictures’ The Italian Job (2003) starring Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Edward Norton, Seth Green, Mos Def, and Donald Sutherland, this new wild ride takes families on a high-speed stunt car adventure through movie sets and scenes inspired by the film’s climatic chase sequence.

Park guests will experience what it’s like to be a Hollywood stunt driver and go behind the scenes of an action movie. Guests board their very own MINI Cooper S tricked out with audio special effects adding to the multi-sensory sensation of the experience. Once strapped into their custom stunt car, rubber meets the road as the MINIs peel out to begin their chase sequence. Drivers twist through a parking garage, dodge near-collisions, race down stairs, chase through tunnels and narrowly escape massive explosions triggered by gunfire from a menacing helicopter. Tires skid out one last time as the stunt cars crash through a billboard and splash down into an L.A. aqueduct concluding the chase sequence and their trial as a stunt driver in this screen test!

http://www.pki.com/italianjob/ *** Edited 8/12/2004 3:10:46 PM UTC by Tanner_J***

+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:06 AM
very cool looking.....
Watch the tram car please....
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:08 AM
Tack up another year coasterless, but i sure do hope this turns out better than TT at epcot.

Wanna go for a Ride?
Aurora University Golf

+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:10 AM
Ummm that is a rollercoaster.
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:13 AM
my mistake, i guess it will be a coaster....very interesting definately have to renew that pass soon

Wanna go for a Ride?
Aurora University Golf

+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:14 AM
from the video it looks like it will be a launched coaster.
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:16 AM
So is this ride definately going where the ACs are?

Wanna go for a Ride?
Aurora University Golf

+0
It is a launched coaster. Very cool effects shown in the video and talked about in the press release. At the end of the ride you even splash down into a pool of water. Not to mention the cars will have sound systems.
+0
If they are going to do something so heavily themed, it would be nice if they have budgeted to keep all the special effects working more than 2-3 years after it opens. A themed experience tends to lose a lot more if the theming is allowed to deteriorate. Can the base ride stand on its own as a solid experience?

Also, while the video does look cool, I'm still curious to see how all this stuff they plan to implement gets translated into real life. *** Edited 8/12/2004 3:21:14 PM UTC by Eric H***

+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:17 AM
clearly a coaster. . .

I guess it looks fun. Is that Intamin track?

Down is the new up.
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:17 AM
Just wondering, Premier or Intamin? Can't really tell as the track, launch and water splash has been used by both of them. *** Edited 8/12/2004 3:18:41 PM UTC by olov***
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:18 AM
Woah.... I just got a call from the press confrence, he says there will be 2 launches. And going-down-step sensations. (Vekoma simulator?) Looks pretty cool...
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:18 AM
janfrederick's avatar Aww man come on guys!! This looks REALLY cool doncha think?? I like fast and low to the ground myself. I wonder how long it will be.

Anyone know where in the park they are building it?

"I go out at 3 o' clock for a quart of milk and come home to my son treating his body like an amusement park!" - Estelle Costanza
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:20 AM
The sound thing will actually be cool. I always thought that Rock N Roller Coaster was a much better ride because of the music.
Down is the new up.
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:21 AM
The ride looks very cool, but it makes me sad that Paramount is making a franchise out of that movie. It was NOT good.
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:25 AM
janfrederick's avatar Movies and coasters are like apples and oranges. They probably should have made the coaster and left it at that. ;)
"I go out at 3 o' clock for a quart of milk and come home to my son treating his body like an amusement park!" - Estelle Costanza
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:31 AM
Vater's avatar Paramount seems to make rides based on lousy movies: Wayne's World, Tomb Raider, Days of Thunder... Although this ride looks much better than DoT. *** Edited 8/12/2004 3:31:45 PM UTC by Vater***
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:36 AM
Looks like PCW is getting the same ride as well.

It's not linked on the home page yet, but I tried the same URL as the PKI version on PCW's site, and it came up.

http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/italianjob/ij3.html

+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:40 AM
That looks like a fantastic ride. Nice to see some innovative ideas. Good job PKI.
+0
Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:45 AM
Thank you Paramount! Maybe now PCW will actually have something worthwhile to ride other Vortex and the flat rides!

The Coaster Kid

Roller coasters are more than just rides, they're a reason for living

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC