Six Flags New England 2011

Saturday, August 28, 2010 7:17 PM

Has anyone heard anything about SFNE getting a new coaster or major thrill ride for 2011 or 2012, the park needs something as it hasn't gotten a major coaster since 02 with Batman. Bizarro is the only reason to go back anymore and renew my season pass.

+0
Saturday, August 28, 2010 9:01 PM

But Bizarro is a pretty good reason. I also loved Cyclone in the back seat. I agree that the park could use something, but other then a flyer or a launch, what are they really missing?

+0
Saturday, August 28, 2010 10:04 PM

A flyer or a launch would be nice or even a GCI like terminator would be a nice addition. I myself recently have found cyclone to rough and even flashback and mind eraser are a bit rough although I don't mind riding either. I've been riding Bizarro since it was S:ROS back in 2001 and in recent years I can't remember lines for it being as long as they were this summer. I think the park needs a new coaster to balance out the lines at the park. I'll keep renewing my pass as long as I plan on taking my annual trip down to SFGadv but it would be nice if my home park had more to offer than Batman, Bizarro and Scream.

+0
Saturday, August 28, 2010 10:44 PM

I'm with you guys but remember they have added Catapult just a few years ago so atleast its not being as neglected as some other six flags parks. A Flyer would be the ideal addition in my mind.

+0
Sunday, August 29, 2010 3:59 AM

I surprised they didn't add something the year after Dark Knight was cancelled? Flyer sounds like it would complement the line up. Do you think the S: UF brand is dead?

+0
Sunday, August 29, 2010 7:52 PM

Rick_UK said:
I surprised they didn't add something the year after Dark Knight was cancelled? Flyer sounds like it would complement the line up. Do you think the S: UF brand is dead?

I don't know about the S:UF brand I like the one at SFGrAdv except for the fact its so short plus SFNE doesn't have a superman anymore so they could add a new one to battle Bizarro that would be cool. Maybe in the pinic grove area

+0
Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:36 PM

The Superman logo is one of the most recognizable logos ever made. Superman t-shirts, hats, and even tattoos come to mind as great free advertising for the Superman brand, or property. I have been very fond of the character all my life, and I am sure that their are still a lot of fans around to this day.

The Superman brand is nowhere near being dead, no matter how poorly the last Superman movie did in theaters and DVD sales. (I liked that last movie, by the way.)

I've not been to SFNE yet, but I've been keeping up with it, and it does seem to need another coaster or two. Bizarro looks awesome!

+0
Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:41 PM

From what i am hearing SFNE is making an announcement some time this week. I also heard that the football game is going to be removed after the season ends, which makes sence because it was stupid to have a washington redskins football field in Mass. I know sfne was suppose to get a coaster for 2011 when Shapiro was in charge but now with these new idiots running things its not a given that it still will happen.

+0
Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:09 PM

LostKause said:


The Superman brand is nowhere near being dead, no matter how poorly the last Superman movie did in theaters and DVD sales. (I liked that last movie, by the way.)

Nobody said it was.... I was asking about the Superman: Ultimate Flight brand. SF launched one of these rides in '02 and two others in '03 but haven't launched another of these rides since. The chains only other outing with a B&M flyer was at SFMM and they steered away from the Superman theme, presumably because that park is already super hero saturated.

The best use I've seen for the Superman brand is on launched coasters. The one at Walibi World worked amazingly well but the best by far is the one at Movie World, Australia. The subway theme with the special effects, voiceovers etc works the best by far.

Last edited by Rick_UK, Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:10 PM
+0
Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:13 PM

Rick_UK said:
The chains only other outing with a B&M flyer was at SFMM and they steered away from the Superman theme, presumably because that park is already super hero saturated.

Perhaps because they already have a Superman themed ride.

+0
Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:16 PM

^ which is what I said.

SFNE nearly ended up with two Batman coasters, but I agree - it would cause too much confusion.

+0
Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:33 PM

^ Great Adventure has two Batman coasters and they are right next to each other, yet there is very little confusion between them from what I have seen.

+0
Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:42 PM

^ I stand corrected then! My thinking was it seems many just call rides by their super hero names - "Gonna try Superman now" etc.

+0
Monday, August 30, 2010 12:57 AM

gamerguy said:
From what i am hearing SFNE is making an announcement some time this week. I also heard that the football game is going to be removed after the season ends, which makes sence because it was stupid to have a washington redskins football field in Mass. I know sfne was suppose to get a coaster for 2011 when Shapiro was in charge but now with these new idiots running things its not a given that it still will happen.

How reliable are the rumors of some kind of announcement? If it is for a new coaster they've done an amazing job keeping it a secret from all the coaster and themepark websites especially the way ride announcement and actual rides get discovered on the web these days. I know I'm not the only SFNE fan whos been wanting to know if we'll ever get a new coaster.

BTW I always thought the Redskin logo was stupid especially in a MA park but I assume it had something to do with Dan Snider. If the football field is getting removed I picture a flat getting added not a coaster the area is too small for anything major plus the Blitz would have to move.

+0
Monday, August 30, 2010 1:03 AM

The only coaster that could fit in that space is a mouse coaster like The DK or maybe a spinner but we already have Pandemonium which is enough in the small coaster department, maybe a twisted impulse coaster like WT it wouldn't be major but it would be a launch coaster and something new to the Northeast. I wouldn't mind a ride like MaxAir or a Screamin Swing either

+0
Monday, August 30, 2010 10:17 AM

Greg P said:
A flyer or a launch would be nice or even a GCI like terminator would be a nice addition.

Chris Grey put up a photo, of footers being poured at a park in the states, on GCI's facebook page. Maybe it being poured at SFNE. He asked people to guess where they think it might be.

+0
Monday, August 30, 2010 10:21 AM

I figure that pic on FB is of concrete being poured at their office expansion.

+0
Monday, August 30, 2010 11:18 AM

Greg P said:
BTW I always thought the Redskin logo was stupid especially in a MA park but I assume it had something to do with Dan Snider. If the football field is getting removed I picture a flat getting added not a coaster the area is too small for anything major plus the Blitz would have to move.

Stupid question from someone who's never been to SFNE: how old is the football field, and/or the logo? Could it allude to the fact that the Redskins were originally from Boston?

+0
Monday, August 30, 2010 12:32 PM

Please!! Just how many New Englanders do you think know that Vater? Very few! I live in Massachusetts I would know that. They havn't played in boston since the 30's. I don't think people care anymore especially with the golden era right now. ( or that just ended really)

+0
Monday, August 30, 2010 3:42 PM

I would guess a lot of people would know that, considering how nuts people are about pro football. I wasn't inferring anything; I honestly have no clue, which is why I was asking.

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...