Kings Island new Coaster 2014

Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:21 AM

I just remembered a good friend lives in Batavia and her husband worked on the brakes for GateKeeper. (not that cnc or welders know any details.)

RIP Geauga Lake 1888-2007
+0
Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:22 AM

I'm pretty sure the ride was announced before fabrication started, so I imagine it wouldn't be a stretch to know you're working on Cedar Point's ride.

Jeff - Editor - CoasterBuzz.com - My Blog - Phrazy

+0
Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:14 PM

I found a youtube video confirming it will be a wingrider named banshee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efV42hFTR9U

+0
Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:33 PM

Tyler Boes said:

I found a youtube video confirming it will be a wingrider named banshee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efV42hFTR9U

Everything about that video makes me want to punch babies.

Also, a quick stop at Screamscape and you'll find this info dated newer than the video:

"I can’t verify that the 2014 Kings Island ride will be a Wing coaster either."

+6Loading
Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:01 PM

Hey, I don't like the guys voice at all, and I know that it might not be 100% accurate. I shared it to see what you guys though. Maybe he is right.

+0
Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:30 PM

Tyler, I'm thinking of a number right now between 1 and 100. I'll give you 100 guesses to see if you get it right.

+0
Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:45 PM

Tyler Boes said:

Maybe he is right.

*facepalm*

His video is based on an earlier post at Screamscape. A later post on Screamscape says the Wing coaster can't be confirmed.

(waiting while you do the math)

He can't be right - at least not any more than anyone who is just guessing. A guess isn't any more valid if you make a video and cite inaccurate and outdated info.

+4Loading
Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:52 PM

Besides, it's an invert. ;)

13 Boomerang, 9 SLC, and 8 B-TR clones

www.grapeadventuresphotography.com

+4Loading
Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:54 PM

Oh, I get it now.

+0
Sunday, June 16, 2013 2:53 PM

^^Candidate for most ironic statement of the year.

The amusement park rises bold and stark..kids are huddled on the beach in a mist

http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1248054&...fr_id=1372

+2Loading
Monday, June 17, 2013 7:05 PM

When is the awards ceremony for all the "...fill-in-the-blank posts of the year" anyway?

+0
Monday, June 17, 2013 9:19 PM

Miss Ivana says "between the first and last of Oc-tob-er"

+0
Monday, June 17, 2013 10:49 PM

You know, if you tube says it is, it has to be tru... Wait a minute... Tyler, isn't that your voice?

Last edited by RCMAC, Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:27 AM
+0
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:04 PM

Kinda late on this, but is it even possible to tell what company a ride will be, just by looking at the footers?

+0
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:16 PM

This is a shot of the construction at KI:

This is a shot of a footer from diamondback:

This is a shot of I305:

And finally, maverick:

You can tell by these shots that the footers defenitly look to be B&M footers.

Last edited by DavidW, Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:19 PM

KI Project 2014 timelapse: Videos | Playlist

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

+2Loading
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:18 PM

By what reasoning are you making that assumption? Don't get me wrong. I think the general consensus is that it will be a B&M. But, you can't tell that solely on the footers.

880 Coasters, 34 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

+1Loading
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:25 PM

What do you think the odds are that they do an open media day like CP did with GateKeeper?

+0
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:35 PM

I'm definitely hoping for one. I've never had the chance to participate in media day, but it sounds like fun.

Last edited by Bakeman31092, Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:36 PM
+0
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:40 PM

^^^ I'm basing it off of the shape and style of the indention in the middle of the footer, as well as the amount of footers. Looking at the number/style of footers, its going to be a steel coaster. With it being a steel coaster, there are currently 2 main producers of steel coasters of this size: B&M and Intamin. So, comparing those companies "standard" footers, it looks to be to be a B&M of some sort. And after seeing some other folks' design ideas, as well as other stuff, I'm thinking its going to be a pretty good size invert.

Last edited by DavidW, Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:41 PM

KI Project 2014 timelapse: Videos | Playlist

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

+0
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:47 PM

Jason Hammond said:

But, you can't tell that solely on the footers.

I'd say you can make a pretty reasonable guess though. The construction site also has some triangularly shaped footers that look suspiciously like footers from Leviathan.

I have no insider knowledge on this one, though. The footers and terrain makes me think B&M inverted or giga but I'll let those better in the know continue this on for another 28 128 pages or so...

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2022, POP World Media, LLC