Intamin coming to SFWoA???

Thursday, August 9, 2001 10:06 PM
I recently read on coasternet that intamin track was at SFWoA, and i wanted to know how true this is?
+0
Thursday, August 9, 2001 10:08 PM
S:UE is Intamin track! :)
+0
Thursday, August 9, 2001 10:33 PM
S:UE is Intamin track. Did coasternet say anything about Intamin track being spotted in a parking lot?

-------------
"Duff Man Says... Ohhhhh Yaaaaa!"
Current Favorite Coasters:
1)Raging Bull 2)Millennium Force 3)Medusa (SFMW) 4)Vertical Velocity (SFGAm) 5)Dueling Dragons (Ice)
*** This post was edited by StealthmF5m3 on 8/10/2001. ***
+0
Thursday, August 9, 2001 10:37 PM
I really don't think SFWoA would have Intamin make their hyper, since there is another Intamin coaster at their competing park that is 100 feet taller than their proposed hyper...that is unless they have one made with the Expedition Ge-Force 90 degree drop...oh it would be too good to be true. I bet B&M will be the manufacturer of SFWoA's hyper (if it in fact gets built).

-------------
CCI + CP = #1 Wooden Coaster.
+0
Thursday, August 9, 2001 10:58 PM
'I was just at SFWOA and there is land clearing and track on site. The clearing is on the Sea World side just after the walkway. It was Intamin track. The footers where being poored while I was there. I asked one of the workers there and he said, " There will be a new rollercoaster in 2002 but I can not tell you more" '

That is what Coasternet said.
+0
Thursday, August 9, 2001 11:01 PM
Now why could SFWoA had a Intamin hyper when CP already has one that is 100 feet taller?

-------------
"Duff Man Says... Ohhhhh Yaaaaa!"
Current Favorite Coasters:
1)Raging Bull 2)Millennium Force 3)Medusa (SFMW) 4)Vertical Velocity (SFGAm) 5)Dueling Dragons (Ice)
+0
Thursday, August 9, 2001 11:46 PM
Because they're great rides and the general public eats them up?

-------------
Matt Lynch
Co-Webmaster, Kennywood Boulevard
http://kennywood.coasterbuzz.com
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 3:31 AM
Taller/faster isn't necessarily better...

-------------
Benjamin Jones | Yet another coaster-craving yuppie
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 4:03 AM
I agree with Coastercraver. CP needs to stop breaking records, and get good rides.

-------------
Nitro: The Most Explosive Coaster on the Planet explodes at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2001.
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 7:34 AM
I still dont see where there going to have the room on the Sea World side unless it goes through rides or something.
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 7:48 AM
have you ever droven past the wildlife side on treat road? There is tons of land over there, at least 200 acres. It also has lots of valleys and stuff. Dont forget they can go back to Silverhorn, maybe even move itsomewhere else. And there's even lots of idle land where the race track used to be. So they have tons of land left.

-------------
HurricaneGeauga- Just in case
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 7:51 AM

i posted that news. It is at the place HurricaneGeauga said.
-------------
True of all great coasters of the past and present, and future
it's a ride you'll remember for the rest of your lifeand probably will want to ride again.
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 7:52 AM
Don't believe anything you read on the Internet these days. At the most, the land is being prepped. From what I've heard from the "People who think they know," this ride will be a Chance-Morgan coaster, around 250 feet, but that is just a educated guess. It will, however, be located on the 'life side.

-------------
Jes
Webmaster, Jes's Roller Coasters
www.jesms.cjb.net "Thank You Jeff Putz"
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 8:00 AM

MooreOn said:
"I really don't think SFWoA would have Intamin make their hyper, since there is another Intamin coaster at their competing park that is 100 feet taller than their proposed hyper...that is unless they have one made with the Expedition Ge-Force 90 degree drop...oh it would be too good to be true. I bet B&M will be the manufacturer of SFWoA's hyper (if it in fact gets built)."


What if Intamin is cheaper? Why spend 2+ Million to make it look "different." That isn't smart business.




StealthmF5m3 said:
"Now why could SFWoA had a Intamin hyper when CP already has one that is 100 feet taller?"


Same thing. Look above
-------------
My favorite Coaster is named after Poop, and I actually like Boomerangs! What is wrong with me?
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 8:05 AM
im all for intamin over morgan, look at the trains, just look at the trains. Mini-van v-s porsche, what would you rather have.

-------------
HurricaneGeauga- Just in case
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 8:05 AM
Excuse me? Cedar Point needs to stop breaking records and start building GOOD rides? Have you even ridden their rides! They are amazing! Somehow when they break the record, the still make an awesome ride too. There's nothing like a ride on Raptor or Millennium Force :)

-------------
Thank you for not feeding the trolls and enjoy the rest of your day, here at CoasterBuzz.com. CLEAR! *** This post was edited by Glitch01 on 8/10/2001. ***
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 8:06 AM

NitroExplodes said:
"I agree with Coastercraver. CP needs to stop breaking records, and get good rides.

-------------
Nitro: The Most Explosive Coaster on the Planet explodes at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2001."


Um... CP has good rides. You haven't been there and why are you saying that CP needs to build good rides?

A record breaker is an awesome ride - **COUGH**Millennium Force**COUGH**

-------------
"Duff Man Says... Ohhhhh Yaaaaa!"
Current Favorite Coasters:
1)Raging Bull 2)Millennium Force 3)Medusa (SFMW) 4)Vertical Velocity (SFGAm) 5)Dueling Dragons (Ice)
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 8:09 AM
For one thing that land claering isnt for a the hyper. It is for work they are still doing on the boardwalk. Second Intamin isnt the builder and there is no Intamin track on site. Or any track for that matter.

-------------
Don't mess with the X in 01
X-Flight team member 2001!
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 8:12 AM

Glitch01 said:
"Excuse me? Cedar Point needs to stop breaking records and start building GOOD rides? Have you even ridden their rides! They are amazing! Somehow when they break the record, the still make an awesome ride too. There's nothing like a ride on Raptor or Millennium Force :)

-------------
Thank you for not feeding the trolls and enjoy the rest of your day, here at CoasterBuzz.com. CLEAR!


*** This post was edited by Glitch01 on 8/10/2001. ***"



Look at his record. He's never been to CP and he's never ridden CP's coasters. He's just releasing hot air. Please keep all open flames away from his immediate vicinity.
+0
Friday, August 10, 2001 8:19 AM
It's nice to be able to ride coasters in January (I live in FL), but man you Ohio people are REALLY spoiled. We've got some great B&M's (Sea World, BGT, IOA), but look at the rest of our coaster line-up and I think you'll agree that Ohio, California, and Texas all have us beat for the quantity of really good rides. Of course we get to ring in the New Year with rides, so...

-------------
rollergator - intent on improving the "guest experience" - coming soon to a park near you
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...