Eleven ideas for the perfect Six Flags Great America: 1) Redesign entire front of park. - No More Barbed Wire, Make it Look More Atractive - Move Bus Parking to Back - Install Loading/Unloading Zone for Busses 2) Replace "The Wizzer" - Add a Runaway MineTrain in Wizzer's Footprint - Possibly use Current Wizzer Arrangement to PO the Wizzer Fans 3) Dual-Track Shockwave - Add Another Track to Shockwave and make it a racing type arrangement. - Have the second track be a suspended coaster to heighten thrill. 4) Re-Theme Orleans Area - Gut out all "Flat" Rides and Replace with New Verions - Take Down Condor/Redesign Condor (looks to much like a ride you would see at the state fair) - Expand area to include Footprint below Shockwave 5) Redesign River Rapids - Add more elements to the rapids ride - Have the ride go longer 6) Millenium Force Type Coaster - "Out and Back" type arrangement - Between Shockwave and Iron Wolf - Over Current Picnic Areas 7) Redo Picnic Areas & Add New Themed Area @ Current Location - Move Corporate Picnic Areas to Raging Bull Area - Theme Corporate Picnic Areas like Raging Bull - Add new Themed Area at the Current site of the Picnic Areas - Add Bobsled and/or Wild/Inverted Mouse to New Area 8) Merge Kiddy Areas - Move The Cartoon Network Area to the WB Area (there is room) 9) Repaint Everything w/Better Paint 10) Redo Train System - Have Train System go arround park, not just through the park! - Use the Train System to get to the front gate to the County Fair Area 11) Redo American Eagle Layout - Redo Entire Query Line - Get Rid of Query Tent - Race The Trains Standard! ------------------- : Nick Catalano : email@example.com
*** This post was edited by Nick Catalano on 9/8/2001. ***
Why do you need to put a Millennium Force type out-and-back when there is Raging Bull?
A thing that I would like to be seen done is that Shockwave be taken out and be re-placed by a 4D coaster. It would start where Shockwave is now but extend near Iron Wolf with that open land behind it. ------------- "Duff Man Says... Ohhh Yeah!" Current Favorite Coasters: 1)Raging Bull 2)Millennium Force 3)Medusa (SFMW) 4)Vertical Velocity (SFGAm) 5)Dueling Dragons (Ice)
*** This post was edited by StealthmF5m3 on 9/8/2001. ***
The thing about the MForce idea is that the land it would be on has to be quiet. So they would fill in the box supports with sand to keep it quiet. Personially I believe a coaster THAT LARGE would be even better if there was no sound (past the wind, but what are you going to do about that other than enclose the entire ride.. no fun...)
I only agree with #1 and #6. And what is with that #2? Are you crazy? Never take out a classic Schwarzkoph for some stupid mine train. Maybe for a B&M, 4d, or TA2K...For #3, Shockwave needs lapbars. That's all. Maybe intertwine another ide through it. Suspended coasters can't go upside down, so it would be weird to have them race. #4, Orleans Place is fine. However, maybe Condor could be moved and a S&S Tower could go there. #5, I like Roaring Rapids just how it is. #7, The moving picnic area is okay, but not to replace it with something so small. Add a big coaster. There is more room there for just a Wild Mouse. #8 Merging the kiddie areas would be too expensive, plus you wouldn't gain much space by doing it. #9 The only rides that need new paint are Batman and Iron Wolf, maybe Shockwave. #10 The train system is okay as it is, it would be expensive to redo it and it wouldn't make much of a difference. #11 All American Eagle needs is to get rid of the brakes. Then it would be a top 10 woodie again.
I can't see a dueling/racing Shockwave, and to have the other be a suspended coaster is even further from reality. Shockwave can stay right where it is, and i don't see it getting lap bars either. If they would give giant Drop standing cars, then they wouldnt just do two, they would do them all. Whizzer is fine where it is as well, if it really did have to leave, then as mentioned before, Maybe for a B&M, 4d, TA2K, or possibly a flyer, or wooden coaster, it would be cool, because Whizzers setting is heavily wooded. I agree that they should redo American Eagle...to a certain extent, by that i mean get rid of the trims, the ride would be greatly improved. Other than that, they should just keep up the good work, Maybe add a coaster or two in the next 4 years, and everything will be okay, they already have one of the best parks around.
------------- Iron Wolf: Can you stand it?
*** This post was edited by RagingBullGuy on 9/8/2001. ***
OK.....whatever. I don't think I'm the only one disagreeing with #2. Why remove when you can still add? **cough** Tidal Wave **cough**
The retheming of Orleans Place isn't particularly a good idea, and a racing shockwave is just plain impractical.
The one thing I really would like to see on that list (other than painting Batman) is to redo Roaring Rapids. Not that it's a bad ride, but Barr Engineering could do so much with it, like they did with Popeye & Bluto. Besides that could postpone the tearing down of another coaster an extra year or two.
From an outsider who loves SFGAm, here's my take on the situation.
1. I agree with the front gate area being redone. PGAm did a nice job with adding fountains to the pool in front of the Columbia Carousel. Also add another walkway towards Sky Trek Tower and Dino Island instead of having to walk all the way around. Add a few new shops and food stands for last minute items (other than Flags by the main gate).
2. By all means keep Whizzer. Getting rid of a classic Schwarzkopf is a bad idea even if it does sit on prime property.
3. Orleans Place needs a facelift. With Cajun Cliffhanger gone the area needs something to reignite it. Getting rid of Condor is also a bad idea. Parks in general need more flat rides, not take them out so maybe add a few more flats to the mix in this particular area. I personally like Shock Wave and they can easily improve it by adding even more landscaping instead of the old beat up blacktop it sits on. Add a tunnel somewhere. Oh, and you can replace Power Dive with a Hawk ride from Zamperla (Aero 360 at Kennywood, for example). They are pretty cool.
4. Is it Gotham City or is it Yankee Harbor? Both Batman and Vertical Velocity do not fit in the Yankee Harbor theme. I think it's about time to formally re-theme Yankee Harbor.
5. I don't think the park needs anything like Millennium Force when it already has Raging Bull. On my steel list, Raging Bull is the better ride with MF a very close second.
6. I totally agree with the American Eagle scenario. Retrack the entire coaster, get rid of the brakes at the far end and for pete's sake, race the trains. Shoot, might as well get new trains too. I have noticed that they have been racing the trains on CP's Gemini each time I visit. It adds to the ride experience. And as for the queue entrance (the huge tent), I would dismantle it. It looks sort of tacky.
7. What is the deal with the midway they closed by Deja Vu/Demon/Orbit this past summer? I hope it's not a permanent move the park is making so that people will all file into Southwest Territory. Even when Deja Vu was finished (well they were done with actual construction when I was there) they kept it closed. If it hasn't been done, reopen it.
Other than these few suggestions, I like the park the way it is. Keep up the great job SFGAm!
Right, and this would cost how many billions of dollars? Don't you know that SF is in debt? Don't you think SFEG deserves a coaster more then SFGAm? ----------------- Ricochet: Bouncing to you in 2002, Only at King's Dominion!
SFGAm has priority over quite a few of the smaller Six Flags parks. Why, well, what major metropolitian area is within 15 miles of Gurnee, IL? Take a wild Guess, and then guess what number (in the way of population) that is in the way of population in a metro area?
First off, it's Chicago, and it's the country's #3 largest Metro. Add in Milwaukee and some St. Louis traffic and you have quite a large market. A market that LOVES amusement parks.
It would not cost "billions", 15-20 million at the most. These ideas would fit well with Primier's plans to create SFGAm into a resort, complete with a water park that (hopefully) will be able to compete with Wisconsin Dells.
You can't have a resort with the park that they have now, it wouldn't really fit. Add in a waterpark and a ton of new areas and you have a park that matches the level of CP. SFGAm can easily match CP if they look at what they have and look at what they can add to the mix.