CoasterBuzz Podcast #152 posted
Posted Monday, August 17, 2009 11:38 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- North Myrtle Beach getting so much more love than Hard Rock Park ever did, at a fraction of the cost.
- Remember the caterpillar rides that had the cover on them? A MB Pavilion tribute has one.
- Son of Beast at Kings Island looks like it'll be toast. Signage has all come down, merchandise is being blown out.
- Gonch reminds new members that posting in the forums is all about quality, not quantity.
- Stuck inverted boomerang at California's Great America is breaking news! Jeff doesn't care for going backward on roller coasters.
- Spielberg sure got a sweet deal as an acting consultant for Universal.
- The tables turn when guy is busted for groping costumed Minnie Mouse.
- Strange collision accident at Blackpool. Why does the British press seem to not follow up on stuff?
- A company called Big League Dreams wants to build a big ball park facility on the Six Flags New Orleans site, and it's the first thing we've heard that makes sense, and from a viable and experience company.
- Universal Orlando takes a hit on attendance and revenue, and still turns a bigger profit. And can you believe that Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is finally enjoying a soft opening?
- PTC featured in a local paper, but Jeff isn't impressed with anything about their trains.
- Ad agency vs. Freestyle. Just kidding. We're good friends still.
- Kennywood announces a new coaster for next year, and the discussion seems to revolve more around the way they announced it. Why are people so into the chick from Adventureland and Twilight?
- Strange accident by Disney performer who takes a tumble and dies days later.
- Busch Entertainment takes a slight hit like everyone else.
- Holiday World announces a LIM-accelerated water slide.
- We're doing a big event with Cedar Point to raise money for Give Kids The World. Coasting For Kids marathon on Gemini happens on August 26. Your support is appreciated!
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
- BooBuzz 2009 details posted for Cedar Point!
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World promises to be a big deal. Register today!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast