It looks like I may be going to Kings Island, and Holiday World. (next year)

Friday, August 9, 2013 5:33 PM

I was just doing some site jumping, and I have decided that Kings Island and Holiday world will be my big trip for next year. Two things have to happen though. I have to get another Cedar Fair Platinum pass, and pick a good week to go there. Not that thrilled with Holiday World's hours of operation. Seems kind of dumb that they are closed during the week a good portion of August, it seems like that would be peak season for them. And they are not open very long on the weekends in summer either. Oh well.

I will be staying at another camp ground, which appears to be midway between the two parks. Only two hours to Kings Island, and 3 to Holiday World. So, I'm thinking I would spend at least 2 days during the week at Kings Island, and do a Friday at Holiday World. Then, maybe make a stop at Indiana Beach on the way home on Sunday. The question is if it will be worth it. The best thing about the Campground, is that it is just a little over 6 hours from my house, about the same distance as the one in Ohio.

I have not been to Holiday World. But, I have been to Kings Island, though it has been over 20 years since the last time I was there. I was looking at Kings Island's ride list, and one of the rides on the list is invertigo. If I am not mistaken, isn't that at Dorney now? Or did they get the one from Great America. I Know I would be very excited to ride Banshe.

I'm pretty much done with Cedar point visits. Though I have thought about working there next year. But, don't think they would hire anyone my age. If I did get a job there, I know that all hopes of being anywhere but there would be squashed. But, I know I would enjoy it. I could be the hand stamp guy.

Excuse me sir. I must also stamp your chest for re-entry. :)

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 5:40 PM

Kings Island's Invertigo was formally named Face/Off, and has never operated at a park other than Kings Island.

Great America's Invertigo went to Dorney where it now operates as Stinger.

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 5:41 PM

Thanks for the warning.

I can't believe you are a year away from this trip and 1) you're compulsing about it, and 2) you've found something to complain about already.

+1Loading
Friday, August 9, 2013 5:41 PM

Not that thrilled with Holiday World's hours of operation. Seems kind of dumb that they are closed during the week a good portion of August, it seems like that would be peak season for them.

This year their last day of daily operation is August 14. Schools in their county started back on August 7, and by August 14 all schools in their area will be back in session. How is this 'dumb'?

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 5:46 PM

I knew it was called Face/Off. Cedar Fair changed the name of it, when they bought the park from Paramount, as they did with rides at the other Paramount parks. Though glad to hear that it is still there. Thanks for clearing that up for me Sirloindude.

I will be able to add an inverted shuttle to my ride list. Have not been on one of those yet. Though I have been on plenty of Vekoma shuttles, like the Bat at Canada's Wonderland, The one at Geauga Lake, and also the one at La Ronde. I liked the Bat the best. The one at Geauga Lake sucked. And, the one at La Ronde always had a huge line.

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 5:51 PM

I guess that would be a good reason to close early during the week. Thanks Theme Designer. The schools here in Michigan don't start up until after Labor Day. So that was something I did not know. Though I don't think I will be going to Kings Island in August. Unless kids go back to school early there too.

Does anyone know if Kings Island still has Rock Concerts? When I was there in 91, they had some big concert going on, and the park was packed. Though the lines weren't bad at all. Though it is a pretty big park. Lots of walking.

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 5:55 PM

sirloindude said:
Kings Island's Invertigo was formally named Face/Off.

How can you tell? Was it wearing a tuxedo?

+5Loading
Friday, August 9, 2013 6:00 PM

One more question. Does Kings Island have gay days?

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 6:35 PM

There is an evening event sponsored by the Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Greater Cincinnati. It's a fundraiser for this volunteer organization, always in September. This year's date, I believe, is Sep. 6. It's a ticketed event, but all are welcome to attend. It's a great night with around 3000 people, short lines, and entertainment.

This is the part you're gonna love, and I can't wait to tell you. You may not use your season pass.

http://www.cincyglbt.com/pride-night

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 6:36 PM

Just don't expect to be married by a zombie.

+1Loading
Friday, August 9, 2013 6:49 PM

Kings Island has an awesome rock concert called spirit song. First week in July is when it is. I highly recommend it. It costs about 120 dollars to go three days. You get unlimited park acsess. Then, after 3 concerts exist, but you only have to go to the ones you want to. I've been to it before, and it's awesome.

Timber-Rider said:
I guess that would be a good reason to close early during the week. Thanks Theme Designer. The schools here in Michigan don't start up until after Labor Day. So that was something I did not know. Though I don't think I will be going to Kings Island in August. Unless kids go back to school early there too.

Does anyone know if Kings Island still has Rock Concerts? When I was there in 91, they had some big concert going on, and the park was packed. Though the lines weren't bad at all. Though it is a pretty big park. Lots of walking.

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 7:01 PM

RCMAC said:

There is an evening event sponsored by the Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Greater Cincinnati. It's a fundraiser for this volunteer organization, always in September. This year's date, I believe, is Sep. 6. It's a ticketed event, but all are welcome to attend. It's a great night with around 3000 people, short lines, and entertainment.

This is the part you're gonna love, and I can't wait to tell you. You may not use your season pass.

http://www.cincyglbt.com/pride-night

BOOOO!!! but, I'll check it out. The only way I can afford the trip is with the pass. Otherwise, I can't afford it. Thanks for the info though. looks like it is going a good cause. Though still can't afford it.

Last edited by Timber-Rider, Friday, August 9, 2013 7:32 PM
+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 7:10 PM

Timber-Rider said:

Not that thrilled with Holiday World's hours of operation. Seems kind of dumb that they are closed during the week a good portion of August, it seems like that would be peak season for them.

Indiana Schools went back last Monday...

Where are you camping? Clifty Falls in Madison, IN is right on the Ohio, and beautiful. About halfway between the two parks. Their sites are really reasonable, as it is a DNR park.

Last edited by WildStangAlex, Friday, August 9, 2013 7:16 PM
+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 7:31 PM

Yeah Tyler, I'm not so sure the guy asking about Kings Island gay days is really the target demographic for the Christian rock festival.

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 7:41 PM

I will be camping at a campground for men only, which means no kids, or women. So it will be heaven, plus they have "adult" parties, that would not happen at a regular campground...like "wet" tighty whitey twister.

And, you are right Break Trims. I would not want to go to a Christian rock festival. Joan Jett or Poison maybe. I recently saw KISS and Motley Crue. So, Christian rock is not on my to do list.

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 7:42 PM

I can't decide if that's more of a discriminatory statement about gays or Christian rock promoters.

+2Loading
Friday, August 9, 2013 9:40 PM

Timber-Rider said:

I will be camping at a campground for men only, which means no kids, or women. So it will be heaven, plus they have "adult" parties, that would not happen at a regular campground...like "wet" tighty whitey twister.



A mens only campground? What is the deal with that?

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 9:42 PM

I'm not sure, but it sounds like the diametric opposite of a Christian rock festival. ;)

+0
Friday, August 9, 2013 9:46 PM

Seemed to me like the spelled out 'the deal' pretty well. :)

+2Loading
Friday, August 9, 2013 11:07 PM

Ensign Smith said:

I'm not sure, but it sounds like the diametric opposite of a Christian rock festival. ;)

Well, if we're talked closeted vs. uncloseted...

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...