HW&SS 2012: The Hints & Puns Begin

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:42 PM

While a steel coaster doesn't make since with the poll from HWN, "a new chapter in HW history" makes me think coaster or a new section.

Before you can be older and wiser you first have to be young and stupid.

+0
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:45 PM

The new land of hugs and lap bars.

Billy
+0
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:56 PM

"BillyWorld"?

R.I.P LeRoi Moore 9/7/61 - 8/19/2008
+0
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:25 PM

Groundhog Day Land.

Everyone gets rerides ALL the time. :)

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

+0
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:29 PM

Raven-Phile said:
"BillyWorld"?

Actually, Holidayworld would qualify for my world. I get hugs there, and they have lap bar only coasters.

edit - mmmmmmmm:
http://www.rcdb.com/4074.htm?p=23203

Last edited by CoasterDemon, Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:03 PM
Billy
+0
Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:03 AM

Hmmm...Woozy, New Chapter, Big, animation, several plans in Dan's arms, maybe they are installing Huss Land of Giants, but I don't know how they would theme it to a holiday. I could see a spinning coaster, like Pandemonium aka Tony Hawks Big Spin.

Mind you, even a tiny difference, such as that between 0 and 0.000126, can make a world of difference.
+0
Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:33 PM

According to Twitter, this is a $9 million investment. How much does a HUSS Giant Frisbee cost?

-Daniel

+0
Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:53 PM

According to this, the total capital investment for that year was $10 million, which included the games area overhaul. Adjusting for inflation, $9 million of today's dollars would get you a little over $8 million in 2005. Sounds about right.

Brandon | Facebook

+0
Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:27 PM

Dollywood's S&S Screaming Swing was a $5.5 million dollar investment, so I doubt we'll be seeing one of those. Even though I'd rather have that than a Giant Frisbee.

- R.A

+0
Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:55 PM

That depends. Did S&S truly fix the seal problem on those big swings? Sounds like they run pretty reliably now.

Jeff - Editor - CoasterBuzz.com - My Blog - Silly Nonsense

+0
Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:13 PM

http://wkdq.com/holiday-world-spending-9m-erics-5-things-they-should-spend-it-on/

Looks like HW is getting a new section, my only question is I didn't think they ever finished Thanksgiving?

+0
Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:59 PM

Didn't Paula indicate that it is an $8,000,000 investment that includes something for each park? So your $3M-$5M items may be just about right...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\        _      *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\__/XXXXX\/XXXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\_/XXX\_/\_/XXXXXX

+0
Friday, July 29, 2011 12:08 AM

wes jorden said:
http://wkdq.com/holiday-world-spending-9m-erics-5-things-they-should-spend-it-on/

Looks like HW is getting a new section, my only question is I didn't think they ever finished Thanksgiving?

The article is a silly wishlist, not proof there is a new holiday coming.

+0
Friday, July 29, 2011 8:49 AM

Jeff said:
That depends. Did S&S truly fix the seal problem on those big swings? Sounds like they run pretty reliably now.

Yeah, they got that kicked. (Finally.)

Hi

+0
Friday, July 29, 2011 12:13 PM

Bench... the ride?

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

+0
Friday, July 29, 2011 2:57 PM

From the HW Twitter

HolidayWorld
@dadaposies Yes, it's true. This will be the most we've ever invested in a single ride project. Huge. #HW

Sounds like it'll be a single ride.

http://twitter.com/#!/HolidayWorld

+0
Friday, July 29, 2011 3:02 PM

How much was Sky Rocket? Or Dare Devil Dive?

How much would a multi-level, high capacity, multiple hidden drop version of the haunted house at Camden cost!? Mmmmm... scary!

Billy
+0
Friday, July 29, 2011 3:38 PM

9mill would be about right for a spiny mouse. You heard it here first. I could be wrong :)

+0
Friday, July 29, 2011 4:28 PM

I thought all mice had spines. Except perhaps for a few freaks of nature created in an evil villain's laboratory.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com

+0
Friday, July 29, 2011 5:46 PM

I think Will's sentiment that spinner were overpriced for what you get probably persists at HW/SS...

This does kinda nix the idea of two "relatively equal" investements for HW and SS, though... ;)

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2021, POP World Media, LLC