CoasterBuzz Club event at Dorney Park in 2005!

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 9:59 AM
While I don't have firm dates or anything, I'd like to announce that Dorney Park has agreed to host a CoasterBuzz Club event in 2005!

Details to follow when I have them...

+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 10:02 AM
Woo hoo! A CBuzz event at my home park. Can't wait for the details!
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 10:17 AM
This would be in place of the Great America event?
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 10:36 AM
I don't know yet, but probably. Their payment terms (namely the ridiculous deposit) are a bit too much to deal with.
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 10:43 AM
I'd love to be able to go but traveling long distances to parks probably won't happen again this year. (I can't wait til Katies old enough to go on kiddie rides - then da' wifey will be easier to convince.)

Bummer about probably not having an event at SFGAm...

But on the flip side - we do have the ACE Coaster Con here this June.

+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 10:53 AM
Any ideas on what part of the season this might be - early, mid, late?
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 11:51 AM
That would be cool Jeff, I was planning on flying out to the Philadelphia area to conquer Dorney, Hershey and others, this just makes it more enticing if it does happen, keep us posted.
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 11:55 AM
Like I said, details to follow.
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 12:05 PM
OK Looks like i got one event to attend this year....now if I can plan my Ohio/Indiana trip around maybe BeastBuzz?
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 12:37 PM
I don't know how much input you have, Jeff - but might I suggest May for this event (essentially replaces the SFGAm event)?

May always seemed to be just dead at the park - although I'm not sure how Hydra might change that.

Might be something to consider.

+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 1:39 PM
May is dead time for Dorney? Cool :)
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 1:47 PM
Well, in my limited experience with the park (2002 & 2003) in Allentown - opening weekend can get a tad busy if the weather is nice. After that the park is pretty empty until the waterpark opens.

Still, busy at Dorney is a relative thing. Granted, I lived just a few miles away, so we tended to avoid traditionally busy park times but in 36 visits during those two years, the longest I ever waited for Talon was 25 minutes and that was only because we had friends from out of town who wanted to visit on a Saturday.

Like I said, who knows how Hydra will affect things, but those first weekends up to (and through) Memorial Day were usually prime for walk-ons and solo rides.

*** Edited 12/15/2004 8:09:32 AM UTC by Lord Gonchar***

+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 1:51 PM
Friggin' awesome. Hopefully it won't be late may.
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 1:55 PM
Outstanding. I just recvd a promotional ticket from NWA, and Solace weekend is blocked out.
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:47 PM
Question for you Jeff (and fellow members who have been to events)...is a CBuzz member (one that pays $20) allowed to bring a non-member, say a girlfriend or something along too? Or is it strictly members only?
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:51 PM
Yes, you can bring non members. the price is generally higher for them. I took my coasterbuddy, TheRealCP and my son and his girlfriend to Beastbuzz last year.
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:53 PM
it is not limited to paid members of the site - non-paid members and guests just have to fork over a few extra bucks each (I think it was $4 last CBCon)
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:55 PM
This is pretty cool. There's a good chance I may be moving back to Southcentral PA this winter. Heck even if I don't, I'll probably still be coming up North to check out the new stuff in NJ anyway. It would be nice to finally be able to attend my first Coasterbuzz event.
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:40 PM
Cool. Hopefully we can make it. We are planning a May/June trip to Kennywood, Hershey, Knoebels, and Dorney so this could work out...
+0
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 4:16 PM

redman822 said:
it is not limited to paid members of the site - non-paid members and guests just have to fork over a few extra bucks each (I think it was $4 last CBCon)

Wait...so we'd have to pay too? How much would it be, as compared to normal park entrance fees?

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC