BGT's brand new Intamin product - looking great so far!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:15 PM

LOL. If that was the real case, though, the name would be "Cheetah Poach", or "The Poach Coach".

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:30 PM

I think if you poached an extra ride on Cheetah Poach, the universe would implode.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:54 PM

To save BGT the trouble, I've already designed a logo for them.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:30 PM

The ride looks fantastic! for me the layout and theming trump Maverick. And LAP BARS to boot? I cannot wait to ride this!

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:48 PM

It doesn't have lap bars, it has OTSRs.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:27 PM

The ride does look good except for the part near the end where the track dips left and right a couple of times (basically the steel coaster version of trick-track). My ears hurt just watching the video. Maybe the train will be going slow enough thru that section that your head won't get bashed around.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:00 PM

I just discovered this twitter tag for alternate name suggestions. Mine were El Cheeto, Backlot Chunt Coaster, and Son of Cheetah.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:01 PM

Tekwardo said:
It doesn't have lap bars, it has OTSRs.

I did hear that someone at Busch said it would be lap bars, although the artist renderings do show OTSRs. Not calling you wrong, but I don't think we definitively know either way yet.

edit: Nevermind, now they're saying on FB that they're using OTSR's.

Last edited by kpjb, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:05 PM
+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:08 PM

birdhombre said:
To save BGT the trouble, I've already designed a logo for them.

That is all kinds of awesome.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:57 PM

If the name implied to hunt a Cheetah (which is stupid to think that in the first place), wouldn't the ride be called "Cheetah Hunter"?

Pretty sure the name means a Cheetah on the hunt. If you look at the vid that Gonch linked to, you can see where they show a Cheetah in hunting mode in the grass and then it switches to riders on the coaster train with the head of a Cheetah at the front of the train.

Last edited by Chitown, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:04 PM
+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:36 PM

BGTB just confirmed on their FB page that it does indeed have OTSRs. Shame...I truly believe that a lapbar/shin-guard combination would place Cheetaka into the top-tier of inverting coasters in America.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:40 PM

Love Bryan's logo. That was the first thing I thought of myself.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:53 PM

Chitown said:
If the name implied to hunt a Cheetah (which is stupid to think that in the first place), wouldn't the ride be called "Cheetah Hunter"?

Pretty sure the name means a Cheetah on the hunt. If you look at the vid that Gonch linked to, you can see where they show a Cheetah in hunting mode in the grass and then it switches to riders on the coaster train with the head of a Cheetah at the front of the train.

I think it goes without saying that your second paragraph is what the park has in mind. I cannot see how BG would even think about hunting cheetahs. But I am certain there are groups out there who will spin it the other way. Although I am not sure your first paragraph is correct. When we take the kids on a snipe hunt we are hunting snipes. I think the same holds true for a deer hunt as well.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:33 PM

Just be thankful this ride isn't being built by CF. We might be looking at Fast Land Mammal Coaster...

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:40 PM

I'm not sure where the rest of y'all are from, but in these here Kentucky parts, when we go on a deer hunt, we're huntin' deer. When we go squirrel huntin, we're huntin' them little squirrels. When we go on a beaver hunt, we hunt beavers. And when we go on a Cheetah Hunt, gosh dangit, we hunt us down some cheetahs!

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:47 PM

Is it just me, or in the video BGT released, does it look like there's a launch right before the big drop after the figure-8? The train seems to pick up a ton of speed all of a sudden before entering the drop. 2:13 on the video Gonch linked.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:38 PM

I noticed that also. Looks like a highly unexpected, and therefore cool, place to stick a launch.

+0
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:47 PM

DantheCoasterman said:
I'm not sure where the rest of y'all are from, but in these here Kentucky parts, when we go on a deer hunt, we're huntin' deer. When we go squirrel huntin, we're huntin' them little squirrels. When we go on a beaver hunt, we hunt beavers. And when we go on a Cheetah Hunt, gosh dangit, we hunt us down some cheetahs!

Except in Kentucky they think cheetahs are those crunchy orange things that come in a bag.

Last edited by RatherGoodBear, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:47 PM
+0
Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:08 AM

Bazinga!

+0
Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:42 AM

Bazinga would also be a great name for a coaster, dontcha think?

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2019, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...