Posted Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:11 PM | Contributed by Jeff
From the press release:
- Attendance increased by 1.8 million guests, or 8.6%, to 22.6 million guests from 2017.
- Total revenue increased by $109.0 million, or 8.6%, to $1.37 billion from 2017.
- Net income was $44.8 million, compared to a net loss of $202.4 million in 2017. Net income for 2018 includes approximately $54.0 million of certain pre-tax expenses as discussed further below. Net loss in 2017 includes approximately $301.4 million of certain pre-tax expenses, including a non-cash goodwill impairment charge, as discussed further below.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $401.3 million, an improvement of $103.9 million, or 35.0%, over 2017.
- The Company repurchased approximately 3.65 million shares of common stock at a total cost of approximately $98.0 million during the fourth quarter. The Company's Board of Directors approved a replenishment of $158.0 million to its existing share repurchase authorization to bring the total authorization to $250.0 million.
- In 2018, the Company helped rescue and rehabilitate over 2,600 animals and surpassed 34,000 total rescues over its history.
Read the entire press release on PR Newswire.