Dozens hospitalized following apparent chlorine gas exposure at Michigan's Adventure

Posted Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:28 PM | Contributed by ~BRIAN~

Emergency responders and Michigan's Adventure staff will meet next week to discuss an accident in which more than 50 of the amusement park's visitors were exposed to a harmful gas cloud, authorities said. Muskegon County Hazmat Official and Muskegon Heights Fire Chief Christopher J. Dean said muriatic acid and sodium hydrochloride, two common household pool chemicals, combined and created a hazardous "small chlorine gas cloud" at about 4:07 p.m. on Friday, July 11.

Read more from The Muskegon Chronicle.

Related parks

Comments: 18

Loading...