CoasterBuzz Podcast #86 posted
Posted Monday, August 27, 2007 7:36 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Greg, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- New park in Ontario, locals hope replacement of some lost jobs.
- Washington Post does a piece on the guys who do the daily maintenance on wood coasters. Jeff would be too lazy, Pat would be scared of the heights, Mike would love it.
- Stupid alleged criminal of the week: Woman steals $75,000 from Kings Island. Hello, did she not think of the auditing?
- Hong Kong Disneyland not hitting numbers, offering discounted student passes. Why do people criticize Disney for slow starts at new parks?
- Kennywood closes their dark ride, and we look forward to seeing what they do with that space going forward.
- Six Flags gets into the kids publishing business. Expanding the media empire or just creative marketing?
- Developer who wants to build a new park in Michigan outed as a bit of a failure by local paper. Because the location wasn't a dumb choice to begin with!
- It has been really wet all across the Midwest.
- The flyer is up for the CoasterBuzz Club Fall Affair. Download it now!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast