CoasterBuzz Podcast #71 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- The Cedar Fair Maxx passes are a little different from one place to the next.
- Six Flags Great Adventure wants the legal backing for its smoking ban.
- Gonch wouldn't take the Paula challenge. Oh, and The Voyage scares you silly.
- Conneaut Lake gets a band-aid with some debt relief, but Jeff and Pat firmly believe that the debt issue was only one of many problems for the park.
- Six Flags probably has to spend some money to make money in the long run, just in different places than giant rides.
- Shapiro didn't get a bonus, and we're not going to concede that being a chief executive is easy, especially when you have to come in and fix things.
- As the Six Flags parks open, we can see now that many of the marketing agreements are in place. Wiiiiiiiii!
- Cedar Fair refuses to pay for a bus route to Kings Island, so they got local government to pick up two-thirds of the cost. Well done!
- We're excited about Maverick. Less than three weeks to go!
- We've got a round-up of events coming soon. We'd love to see you at Chocolate Buzz, The Fall Affair and BooBuzz!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast