Posted Monday, April 23, 2007 7:10 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- The Cedar Fair Maxx passes are a little different from one place to the next.
- Six Flags Great Adventure wants the legal backing for its smoking ban.
- Gonch wouldn't take the Paula challenge. Oh, and The Voyage scares you silly.
- Conneaut Lake gets a band-aid with some debt relief, but Jeff and Pat firmly believe that the debt issue was only one of many problems for the park.
- Six Flags probably has to spend some money to make money in the long run, just in different places than giant rides.
- Shapiro didn't get a bonus, and we're not going to concede that being a chief executive is easy, especially when you have to come in and fix things.
- As the Six Flags parks open, we can see now that many of the marketing agreements are in place. Wiiiiiiiii!
- Cedar Fair refuses to pay for a bus route to Kings Island, so they got local government to pick up two-thirds of the cost. Well done!
- We're excited about Maverick. Less than three weeks to go!
- We've got a round-up of events coming soon. We'd love to see you at Chocolate Buzz, The Fall Affair and BooBuzz!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast
Monday, April 23, 2007 7:21 PM
When using my maxx pass from cp at ki they made me go to guest relations and they just took us thru a gate.
Monday, April 23, 2007 8:55 PM
My CP Maxx+ Pass with All-Ohio didn't scan at the Parking toll, (he let me through anyhow) and my pass scanned fine at the gate.
Hurler is still called Hurler. I don't recall seeing any refrence or theme to Waynes World.*** This post was edited by Jason Hammond 4/23/2007 8:58:15 PM ***
Monday, April 23, 2007 9:11 PM
This is what the Kings Island Maxx Pass looks like.
Notice that little OP sticker on the back indicating that I have Ohio Parking. I'm a little worried that it'll wear off.
I thought I'd share since there was such a long discussion about them at the beginning of the podcast.
Monday, April 23, 2007 10:40 PM
Wow... that seems really half-assed in so many ways. Very strange. Without a picture, anyone could use that pass at the other Cedar Fair parks. Weird.
Monday, April 23, 2007 11:49 PM
My friend and I went up to geauga lake to get our maxx passes processed and they gave us a regular geauga lake season pass with the initials "MX" in the lower right hand corner. I'm just hoping that there'll be no problems when we go to use it at CP and KI.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:43 AM
Odd...Gonch has agreed to the Moosh challenge ;)
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:51 AM
And I failed miserably at that too. ;)
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:57 AM
You haven't taken the challenge yet. Nice try tho ;)
edit - it's "6 of one, half dozen of another."
Also, a common phrase on the Wayne World SNL skits was that something that was gross would cause them to "hurl" [as in throw up]. Hence The Hurler.
Sheesh...I feel old now ;)
*** This post was edited by Mamoosh 4/24/2007 1:04:43 AM ***
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:25 AM
Jeff, does your MX/OP pass look like someone printed it on their home computer? Mine is hard to read as it seems like the print heads were misaligned when they pressed them all. I'm curious if it was a small batch or all of them.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:13 PM
^It's funny you mention that. My Dorney Maxx pass was misaligned also, but my husband's was fine. Didn't they bother to look at them before they mailed them out?
On another note, I still haven't recieved my daughters GL Maxx pass through the renewal process. I called last week and they said they hadn't received the passes yet. They better get their crap together soon since we are going to KI May 18.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:53 PM
Mine is fine, though I wonder who thought printing white text ("REGULAR") on a yellow background was a good idea.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:40 PM
That was a very interesting last 10 minutes of the podcast. :)
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:42 PM
Processed my KI Max Pass on Sunday with the OH parking pass and I have no OP sticker on my pass. Curious how it will work at CP and GL.