CoasterBuzz Podcast #66 posted
Posted Monday, March 5, 2007 8:43 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Lake Compounce wants state to pay for road relocation. A classic case of finding the balance between a business being self-sustaining and looking at bigger picture economic impact.
- Disney pulls the NIMBY card in Anaheim. Pat says it does go both ways.
- Georgia wants to offer tax incentives to bringing new tourist stuff to the state. It worked for Kentucky.
- Geauga Lake is not in a "death spiral." Can people over-react a little?
- Is the smoke free in Ohio a business choice, or part of the new law?
- Mall of America nails the Nickelodeon license. The locals miss the Peanuts, but we agree the new licensing is a win.
- SeaWorld Orlando wants in to the water park action. It might be a market underserved in town.
- Disney about to expand its hotel empire by thousands of rooms. Do you want to be a hotel on International Drive right now? There's your death spiral.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast