CoasterBuzz Podcast #58 posted
Posted Monday, January 1, 2007 5:19 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Richard and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- We finally welcome Richard Bannister to the show from Dublin.
- Richard shows us how it's done squeezing in a park visit on a layover.
- Dick Kinzel is staying on as CEO of Cedar Fair. Is it a good, bad or neutral thing for the company.
- Universal offers healthier food, following Disney's lead, but Jeff thinks they already had a lot of better choices. Richard says American portions are comparatively large.
- Cedar Fair lays out capital expenditures for the year, and appears to be leaving the Paramount Parks as is.
- The group discusses the ups and down of Mitch Hawker's poll.
- Report card for the Six Flags new regime in their first year: Still too early to call.
- Is the Six Flags New Orleans abandonment immoral or just the right business decision?
- The CoasterBuzz Podcast is now listed on Digg. Digg and listen here!
- CoasterBuzz makeover is forthcoming, and an early version of the new forum will be available for testing soon.
- Lots of CoasterBuzz Club events are coming in 2007, including the Fall Affair at Holiday World, Saturday, September 29.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast