CoasterBuzz Podcast #52 posted
Posted Monday, October 30, 2006 7:59 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Catherine, Artemisa and Mike (and Cosmo) review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Temperature in the 40's, sleet, rain, 40+ mph wind, and people are at Cedar Point?
- Bell's lease in question, and it sure doesn't make sense.
- Maverick construction continues at Cedar Point, steel erection is complete.
- Cedar Fair maintains annual distribution. Jeff sees it going up after the Paramount Parks debt is reduced in a few years.
- Mike says the Santa's Village closing was barely on the radar in Chicago.
- This week's stupid criminals: Forging hand stamps at Six Flags Great Adventure.
- Cedar Fair: The Entertainment Company(TM). And speaking of which, where is the entertainment after dark at Cedar Point? They're leaving money on the table here for resort guests.
- When does policy take precedence over common sense? Much disagreement over age versus height for walk-through attractions.
- This Beech Bend nonsense is about miserable people.
- Automated tolls at Six Flags Great Adventure? Sounds like a good idea.
- Busch said their park revenue is up 10%.
- Catherine tells the story of the ultimate clueless family trying to board a ride at Hersheypark.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast