CoasterBuzz Podcast #33 posted
Posted Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:48 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Chicago area family parks struggle for various reasons. Mike says there is room for these parks, but they don't do a good job of marketing themselves.
- Jeff's mom thinks SeaWorld Orlando is cool. The new whale show has opened.
- Orlando parks struggle to find workers. Is the pay an issue?
- More on the Oakwood Hydro death. Very sad every time it comes up. The blame game is in motion.
- Michigan's Adventure will get a water line, and they opened Grand Rapid, their new river ride.
- Joyland: What's up with these small park operators and opposing forces?
- Gurnee wants to tack on another buck for Six Flags Great America parking.
- The big news: There is some evidence that Cedar Fair may be considering purchasing Paramount Parks. However, the alleged statement in the Toledo newspaper from Dick Kinzel was likely taken out of context.
- BeastBuzz is coming up at Paramount's Kings Island on June 17. Sign up today!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast