CoasterBuzz Podcast #32 posted
Posted Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:07 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Disney closes deal to buy Pixar, Steve Jobs owns 7% of Disney.
- Six Flags teams up with Home Depot. Pat says it's another way of getting the brand in front of people.
- Six Flags revenue down for quarter, per capita spending up. We told you so.
- Minor fireworks accident at Universal Orlando. Kind of scary.
- Two new indoor water park resorts coming to Chicago. What does that mean for the Dells?
- Disney profit up on TV shows and strong theme park performance. Sure is a turn around from the post-9/11 decline.
- Track for Cedar Point's 2007 coaster is already there, and everyone has seen it. The hype for CP rides is ridiculous.
- Six Flags Astroworld site sells for $77 million. Was the sale a good idea?
- Goliath opens at La Ronde.
- BeastBuzz is coming up at Paramount's Kings Island on June 17. Sign up today!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast