CoasterBuzz Podcast #201 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Carrie and Gonch review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- We're a little out of practice.
- KP Connection posts off-season photos from Kennywood. Gonch reviews a bit about the new roller coaster there. Jeff wishes there were more local fan sites for amusement parks.
- The Disney Dream is like a theme park. Carrie talks about cruises as disease infested capsules. Gonch wants a Fastpass off the boat.
- Disney worker arrested for allegedly luring a woman to the resort and raping her. The story doesn't add up very well according to what has been reported.
- Cedar Fair gets some credit lubrication. Lubrication is what makes business go.
- SeaWorld ready to put trainers back in the water. It has been a year, but Jeff wants to hear more about the safeguards. It will always be dangerous, that's part of the job.
- Six Flags America gets a "Survivor" live show. Really? Who actually watches anything on CBS?
- Ferrari World pats itself on the back for 100 days of operation. Take that, Freestyle!
- Six Flags has a very profitable 2010. We think Shapiro really laid the groundwork for that success. And by the way, Gonch thinks that Six Flags America has a nice coaster lineup. Jeff wonders if he ever mentioned that he was on Superman when the chain broke.
- Battlestar Galactica dueling roller coaster finally reopens at Universal Singapore. Eleven months seems like a long time to fix a problem. Aside: Remember ragging on Vekoma?
- Las Vegas entertains the idea of a new amusement park. Jeff can't stand cab drivers that take you stupid ways.
- Cheetah Chase is looking like "the" ride for the year. It's like a long Maverick, sort of.
- Dorney is getting another hand-me-down ride, this time from California's Great America.
- Disney is spending a billion dollars on tech to make your day more efficient and more action packed. What's with people who are worried about doing every last thing when they go to Disney World? Some people suck at vacations.
- Lo-Q has a more profitable year. Funny how everything other than the unemployment rate implies that the economy is improving.
- Cedar Fair charges a buck an inch for a crappy sub. And they're surprised that their per cap is down?
- Universal Orlando's grand achievement, in the form of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, has amazing results for the year. No shocker there.
- Stay tuned... we're announcing something new very soon.
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World will be September 17, 2011... save the date!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast