CoasterBuzz Podcast #196 posted
Posted Monday, November 8, 2010 12:22 AM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Gonch and Mike review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Mike and Jeff talk about Kinect, and the modern reincarnate of Dance Dance Revolution.
- Mike spent time at the Disneyland resort, and talks about ElecTRONica, World of Color, construction and renovations at the Disneyland Hotel.
- Halloween was huge for parks all over the US this year. Strange how parks reach the bursting limit now on some weekends. How does this success come in what's allegedly a recession?
- Operator in Dells Extreme World accident will not take plea deal. Jeff and Gonch are still troubled by low-wage job that carries potential for felony charges.
- Ferrari World opens with the world's fastest roller coaster, and even without riding it, a lot of people are poo-pooing it. It just doesn't look that interesting outside of the speed. Are we jaded or do we just know what kinds of roller coaster sensations we prefer?
- Kentucky Kingdom won't open next year because it can't get the funding it wants in time. Live it up another year, Holiday World!
- New Cars area coming together at California Adventure. Mike says it's just huge to see in person.
- Six Flags sees boost in revenue and says it's backing off the addictive discounting to drive attendance. Gonch and Mike say they didn't see any gate integrity this year in their visits.
- Q Funding goes after Dick Kinzel while the company names some promotions, in title at least. Cedar Fair results are definitely better in most ways, though per capita spending and profit is down.
- Neat video from the abandoned Six Flags New Orleans appears, then disappears, from YouTube. Looked like it was shot on a DSLR. Philip Bloom shoots some neat stuff on DSLR's (not this one though).
- Holiday World posts video of real humans riding the Timberliners on The Voyage.
- Speaking of Holiday World, the Fall Affair will return for 2011, with details forthcoming.
- The crew misses the good ol' days at Kings Island with Jeff and Maureen, and the ultimate multi-ride ERT. Long live BeastBuzz.
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz. You can also like us on Facebook.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast