CoasterBuzz Podcast #185 posted
Posted Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:59 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Carrie review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Help us raise money for Give Kids The World, Coasting For Kids! Join us at any of the 11 Cedar Fair parks on July 29, 2010, and ride for a good cause.
- Starliner is not going to be a part of Legoland Florida.
- Several deadly accidents this week leave two people dead, and another event hurts ten people.
- Joyland's owner dies. What makes the family owned parks so interesting? Mike says it's history.
- Disneyland hotel workers are still protesting for a contract with benefits. Jeff doesn't understand how the market would call for part-time work that includes benefits.
- Great Wolf is opening one of its spas at Mall of America. Interesting area to expand the business in.
- An environmental themed park in Houston? Scope creep aside for this project, it is strange that such a large metro has no amusement park.
- Yet another attack on a costumed character, this time at Six Flags Great America. Mike asks what your motivation is for this, and Jeff explains beating up his old giant plush Noid.
- Cedar Fair does some refinancing. We don't know what it really means.
- Busch Gardens Tampa introduces baby giraffes. They're not nearly as cute as other baby animals.
- No Segways in the San Antonio parks. No, it's not about screwing vets, it's about the safety issues.
- Water parks are doing well with boosts in attendance, presumably because they're cheaper than regular amusement parks.
- Granny power rides Diamondback at Kings Island.
- Hersheypark is "StormReady." If only Storm Runner was ready when Jeff visited!
- Carrie notes that the Obama girls were in Hershey's water park. Jeff is not inspired by the Secret Service's inability to find ride exits.
- I learned it by watching you, alright!
- Check out the event list on the CoasterBuzz Club page. Got a ticket for Holiday World? Come to the Fall Affair for a couple of bucks extra!
- You can get the latest headlines on CoasterBuzz from the Twitter. Follow us @coasterbuzz.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast