CoasterBuzz Podcast #154 posted
Posted Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:06 AM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- CoasterBuzz members ride Gemini at Cedar Point all day to raise over $8k for Give Kids The World. Awesome group, awesome crew, awesome charity. Jeff talks up the organization and its cause.
- Freestyle attendance not ideal in its first year. Gonch believes that the park isn't enough in terms of attractions, and now it's missing the "vibe" that filled the gap.
- Can the official Disney fan conference reach the level of a Comic-Con kind of affair?
- Dubailand, not so big and thriving, actually.
- Food Network show features enthusiast feeding at Six Flags Great America.
- Carowinds announces, wait for it, Intimidator. But not with the 305. Jeff can't believe the complaining already about this ride and the one at Dominion.
- Jeff notices traffic spikes with ride announcements and new features.
- PBS affiliate posts video for Kings Island history. "Facts" are a little odd, but it's a solid video otherwise.
- Busch Gardens Tampa outlines some of the new Sesame Street stuff, including character breakfasts. Jeff says no to Elmo. What's with kids who need constant electronic stimulation?
- Job and hour cuts at Orlando parks eventually negatively affect the guest experience.
- Disney World is extending the free dining plan offer, which Jeff loves.
- Nickelodeon license appears to be at an end around the Cedar Fair parks, and word on the street is that it's just not a good deal for the company.
- CoasterBuzz Club is $25 per year. You can join or renew today. Enjoy CoasterBuzz with no ads.
- BooBuzz 2009 details posted for Cedar Point!
- The Fall Affair at Holiday World promises to be a big deal. Register today!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast