CoasterBuzz Podcast #143 posted
Posted Tuesday, June 9, 2009 10:07 AM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Another Coastermania in the books. PointBuzz has the recording of Ron Toomer's talk for download.
- ERT at Coastermania isn't that exclusive, given the crowd size, but people complained. Gonch asks what the expectation is for events. Jeff reminds people that the park doesn't owe you anything, and this particular event gets you a lot extra for nothing.
- Jeff recalls a ridiculous story of entitlement on a closing day.
- FastPass gets a lot of action in the forums. Virtual queuing always gets a rise out of some people, even when it works exceptionally well, as is the case with Disney.
- Jeff saw Fanboys, the movie about Star Wars geeks road tripping to Skywalker Ranch. It was entertaining.
- Mom freaks out over Playboy logo poster as a prize at an amusement park.
- Cedar Fair sends a strongly worded letter to Santa Clara over the 49ers deal. We assume two outcomes: Cedar Fair gets to sell the park or it blocks the stadium project.
- A lone defender sticks up for Etheredge, the guy who hosed Wild West World.
- Activists want to force Disney to allow Segways for anyone. Jeff says this would be an epic safety failure.
- Gravity Group posts video from their new coaster in China. Check out Gravitycast.
- We appreciate your support of CoasterBuzz by joining the club. It's only $20 per year, and your membership helps support this podcast.
- Fall Affair at Holiday World, the registration form is up! Get it here.
- The podcast is like MasterCard... priceless.
- Gonch wonders if Kings Island ever has slow days, because he's never been there on one.
- Jeff reviews the Starlight Experience at Cedar Point, and it is good.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast