CoasterBuzz Podcast #14 posted
Posted Monday, December 19, 2005 6:45 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Pat, Greg and Mike review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Paramount Parks might be shed from CBS. Why bother after the split of Viacom?
- Mitch Hawker's Internet-based poll again ranks the top wooden coasters in the world, separating quality from quantity.
- Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando hike their gate prices, but also offer repeat entry to residents. Orlando parks are railroading us into multi-day passes.
- The Six Flags transition to new leadership is complete with Mark Shapiro in place as the new CEO. The week was filled with headlines about the new chief's plans, and we're not convinced.
- Oh, and it's funny to us that no one wanted to buy Six Flags.
- Valleyfair is doing its media event for Xtreme Swing in December with the Rockettes.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast