Posted Monday, December 19, 2005 6:45 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Pat, Greg and Mike review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Paramount Parks might be shed from CBS. Why bother after the split of Viacom?
- Mitch Hawker's Internet-based poll again ranks the top wooden coasters in the world, separating quality from quantity.
- Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando hike their gate prices, but also offer repeat entry to residents. Orlando parks are railroading us into multi-day passes.
- The Six Flags transition to new leadership is complete with Mark Shapiro in place as the new CEO. The week was filled with headlines about the new chief's plans, and we're not convinced.
- Oh, and it's funny to us that no one wanted to buy Six Flags.
- Valleyfair is doing its media event for Xtreme Swing in December with the Rockettes.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast
Monday, December 19, 2005 8:16 PM
Forgot to include the link to the Podcast site!
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:37 AM
Hey whats up everyone is there anyway of hearing the podcast without an ipod online?
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:49 AM
The podcast is just an mp3 file.
Download it and listen to it like you would any mp3.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:27 AM
I'm starting to think maybe we (everyone on the internet) should start getting away from this "Podcast" idea to more of a online talk show... People seem to get confused.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:41 PM
Who the HECK is Pat? ;)
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:52 PM
Man, what happened to the good ol' days when you actually had to run into me at a park to even have a chance. The whole game's been torn to shreds in 14 short weeks.
Hey! This week Jeff actually intro'd me as "Lord Gonchar" - which I believe is a first in any situation regarding CB.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:50 PM
Well, Pat... he DID originally introduce you as the LG
, which I thought was kinda cool since I came up with it. ;)
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:51 PM
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:29 PM
LG - as not to be confused with some other LG...
...or algae as it may be. :)
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:04 PM
Ahh now I know whose voice is Lord Gonchar's, and now I know the LG's real name too. w00t.
Jeff, a technical/audio request - could you increase the overall volume of the Podcast? Compared to the other Podcasts I listen to (TWiT, diggnation) the 'Buzzcast is always on the quieter side. Maybe ask Pat to be a little quieter side ;)
Friday, December 23, 2005 5:03 AM
That kind of made me laugh in Vegas.