CoasterBuzz Podcast #124 posted
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 6:00 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Halloween for kids. Jeff's research department determines Kings Island included it with normal admission.
- Lo-Q kicking it financially with Six Flags.
- The Gravity Group launches a podcast and blog.
- Universal Studios Japan turns around with guru manager, addressing the cultural needs of the locals.
- Disney is apparently not adding any big new thing for Orlando, but do they even need to?
- The boys look around at renderings of Schlitterbahn's new Kansas City complex, which does not translate well to listening.
- Hard Rock Park files for bankruptcy, and, big surprise, they say that a lack of out-of-market advertising was a problem. We were saying this at the beginning of the summer.
- Talking about Hard Rock leads us to Universal Orlando, where we wax nostalgic about The Enchanted Oak, which is gone. But there's a lot of excitement building around the new Harry Potter stuff.
- The Fall Affair was a great success. Voyage is still so physical, in a good way.
- CoasterBuzz Club events coming up this year: BooBuzz at Cedar Point. Visit the CoasterBuzz Club page for more information.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast