CoasterBuzz Podcast #123 posted
Posted Monday, September 22, 2008 9:41 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- The CoasterBuzz Podcast has been going strong now for three years.
- Water park evolution and the perks (and the hotels).
- Cedar Fair attendance and revenue is up, while per cap is flat. We assume that people are tired of hearing Jeff and Gonch talk about it. Although they agree that maybe the ticket pricing is low.
- Disney rocks despite the economy. They "hold strong" and believe in their value. Dinging you up front so the day-of experience seems more care free sure doesn't hurt either.
- PointBuzz posts photos and video for Cedar Point's new haunted attractions. Jeff talks a little about Halloweekends.
- Premier Rides is going to build a big observation wheel in the Jersey Meadowlands.
- Gilroy exploring option to turn Gardens into a water park, managed by Parc Management.
- Kings Island construction continues, and we can't imagine how Diamondback will be anything other than a slam dunk. What's with enthusiasts who say B&M's are "over engineered?"
- California's Great America neighbor: Not in my backyard!
- Six Flags has coordinated attack of announcements around the chain. We're scratching our head on why they'd spend money to put fire balls and nonsense around Superman at the New England park.
- Six Flags is suing Intamin for the Kentucky Kingdom accident, and watns to join the suit with the Lassiters. Seems insane that they're trying to absolve themselves from any responsibility.
- S&S closes up shop at their Utah park.
- CoasterBuzz Club events coming up this year: BooBuzz at Cedar Point. Visit the CoasterBuzz Club page for more information.
- Gonch visits Indiana Beach to ride Steel Hawg.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast