CoasterBuzz Podcast #103 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Pat and Mike review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Dreamworks latest to want to build in Dubai. Do their properties really translate culturally?
- Lo-Q coming to more Six Flags parks. Mike says that tolerance for up-charge queues is high because it has been around for awhile at these parks.
- Off-seasons are weird in Orlando, but obviously when the kids are out of school. Tourism down there sure made a nice recovery since 9/11, especially with foreign tourists given the weak dollar.
- Darien Lake announces motor bike style coaster, the first big ride since Six Flags sold the park. Jeff's not fond of the biker position.
- Casino tangent, and how non-Vegas casinos generally suck.
- Cedar Fair distribution still going strong. Jeff still doesn't understand why they're buying a big coaster for Canada's Wonderland, but maybe because he's grumpy about the lack of human resource retention company wide.
- Santa Clara is crazy for football and losing their minds. And oh yeah, they can't do anything without the blessing of Cedar Fair. They seem to keep overlooking that.
- Georgia water crisis may close water rides at Six Flags Over Georgia.
- New board member for Cedar Fair: Rubber stamper or management challenger?
- We really need Rick on after the big results are released because we don't know what we're talking about.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast