Blowtorch accidentally started fire at Universal Hollywood

Posted Tuesday, June 3, 2008 12:15 PM | Contributed by Jeff

A massive blaze that destroyed part of the back lot at Universal Studios was accidentally ignited by workers using a blowtorch on the roof of a movie set building facade, fire officials said. Workers had been using the blowtorch early Sunday to heat asphalt shingles to apply to the roof, Los Angeles County Fire Chief Michael Freeman said Monday. They finished around 3 a.m. and followed policy of standing watch for one hour, then left for a break, he said.

Read more from AP via CNN.

Comments: 5

Loading...