Speaking of famous coaster spiels...

Tuesday, September 2, 2003 7:18 PM
I was wondering if anybody has the old spiel they used to play over and over while waiting in line for the Steel Phantom. I remember standing on the bridge walkway before the station...I cant remember much of what it said, I remember "welcome to the Steel Phantom, we know your in for the ride of your life''...and then I remember it saying something about it being the worlds fastest rollercoaster...If anybody remembers exactly what it said, please post it, and even better, if anybody actually has the recording on their computer, please contact me at either stljason1@hotmail.com or IM me on AIM at Jasonman123

Thank you.

------------------
The Millenium Force ride Ops: Squishing you where it counts since 2000.
Track Record: 62 coasters at 17 parks.

+0
Wednesday, September 3, 2003 9:57 AM
I know exacly what that was, they modified it for PR for one year, then it faded away. There is a copy of it in the main park office. Getting it, well is not easy.

------------------
Rollie Coaster Army

+0
Wednesday, September 3, 2003 10:20 AM
I thought it would have been cool to get a recording of that too. Unfortunately I thought of it the final day the Phantom was running. I'm sure someone must have a recording of it, probably wheny they were shooting video of the ride.

------------------
Signature will be closed today. Sorry for the inconveinance.

+0
Wednesday, September 3, 2003 11:58 AM
Kinda a stupid question, but for a Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE) recreation I'm doing, I'd appreciate it if someone remembered the spiel.

Welcome to the Superman: Ride of Steel, one of the tallest and fastest coasters... IN THE WORLD!

It drags for a while, so that's all I remember. Do remember that it's a recording of someone with a seriously overdramatic voice who accentuates certain words.

------------------
Mike Anderson

+0
Wednesday, September 3, 2003 1:26 PM
On Raptor they have a whole bunch of things they say

(Clear!) You got your clear that means you are outta here!

The floor is sinking but you will be sailing going upsidedown 6 times 4 different ways.

Be sure to kick the sky!

------------------
http://sfdlmania.thrillnetwork.net

Six Flags Darien Lake Mania! Your #1 source for DL and other parks!

+0
Wednesday, September 3, 2003 3:16 PM

Ride of Steel said:
(Clear!) You got your clear that means you are outta here!

The floor is sinking but you will be sailing going upsidedown 6 times 4 different ways.

Be sure to kick the sky!


With corny crap like that, I think I would prefer them to not say a word.

------------------
I lied.

+0
Wednesday, September 3, 2003 8:11 PM
"On coming riders welcome to the MAMBA, one of the tallest, fastest, and steepest coasters in the world. When the gates open please step carefully into your ride vehicle. Once seated pull the lap bar and buckle your safety belt. We'll be taking you over 200 feet in the air and dropping you at speeds over 75mph, so please secure all loose or valuable articles because Worlds of Fun can not be held responsible for their loss or damage. Now sit back, and hold on tight, cause the MAMBA is about to strike, enjoy your ride."

There's actions that we do it too - when you are a friend of an attendant that works there and you practically live at the park in the summer, you memorize the spiel way too easy. :)

------------------
SWOOSH
MidwestInfoGuide.COM

"Worlds of Fun 2004 - Prepare to SQUEAK with Delight!"

+0
Thursday, September 4, 2003 11:21 AM
Thats all fine and good, but I wanted the Steel Phantom spiel...

------------------
The Millenium Force ride Ops: Squishing you where it counts since 2000.
Track Record: 62 coasters at 17 parks.

+0
Thursday, September 4, 2003 11:30 AM

Ride of Steel said:
On Raptor they have a whole bunch of things they say

(Clear!) You got your clear that means you are outta here!

The floor is sinking but you will be sailing going upsidedown 6 times 4 different ways.

Be sure to kick the sky!

------------------
http://sfdlmania.thrillnetwork.net

Six Flags Darien Lake Mania! Your #1 source for DL and other parks!


Yes definately Kick The Sky! :)

Anyways, the saying I remember the most from that ride was "One Two Three Four, First we drop the floor, then we send you out the door."

------------------
Bob Hansen
Resident Airtime Whore

+0
Thursday, September 4, 2003 2:53 PM

MAnderson said:
Kinda a stupid question, but for a Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE) recreation I'm doing, I'd appreciate it if someone remembered the spiel.

Welcome to the Superman: Ride of Steel, one of the tallest and fastest coasters... IN THE WORLD!

It drags for a while, so that's all I remember. Do remember that it's a recording of someone with a seriously overdramatic voice who accentuates certain words.

------------------
Mike Anderson



I'm not gonna give you the accentuations, you can think those up on your own. This has been modified a few times since 2000 but this is the original.

Welcome to Superman: Ride of Steel, one of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world. When the gates open, please board the coaster directly in front of you. Please secure all lose articles such as hats, keys, glasses and wallets. Any articles lost on the ride cannot be retrieved during park operating hours. Once seated, please buckle your safety strap and pull your lapbar to its downmost position. Thank you and enjoy your ride as you fly over tall buildings going faster than a speeding bullet!

Welcome back, we hope you enjoyed your flight. When the train comes to a complete stop in the station, please exit to the opposite that you entered. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your stay here at Six Flaaaaaaaags New England.


------------------
SFNE Central- Online Six Flags New England Resource

+0
Thursday, September 4, 2003 3:50 PM
Viper SFGAm:

"Welcome to Viper. Once you are seated, please pull your lapbar down as far as it will go."

"Remain seated with your hands and feet inside the car...

Welcome back! When the train stops, push down, then pull up on your lapbar. Please exit to your left, and down the exit ramp. Thanks for challenging the Viper! We hope you enjoy your day at Six Flags!"

That's the only one I know by memory... ;)

+0
Thursday, September 4, 2003 3:55 PM

Ride of Steel said:
On Raptor they have a whole bunch of things they say

(Clear!) You got your clear that means you are outta here!

The floor is sinking but you will be sailing going upsidedown 6 times 4 different ways.

Be sure to kick the sky!


Welcome aboard, Raptor riders! We'll be taking you up to a height of 137 feet and dropping you 119 at a 45-degree angle. You'll approach speeds of 60 miles per hour and be flipped upside down six times, four different ways. There's the floor, you're out the door! We'll see you back in 2:32.

--OR--

Welcome aboard, Raptor riders! We'll be taking you up really, really high and dropping you really, really low at speeds that are really, really fast. There's your clear, you're outta here, we'll see you back in 2:32.

------------------
I was asked to describe X in one word. The word? -- OhmygoshwhathaveIgottenmyselfintothisisthescariest
thingintheworldhelpmeIamgoingtodieAHHHH!!!
*** This post was edited by haux 9/4/2003 7:57:05 PM ***

+0
Friday, September 5, 2003 5:50 PM
"Howdy Folks! I'm San Antonio Sam, welcome to the meanest, fastest, most furious coaster in the wild west, the Rattler! Please keep all hands and arms inside the train at all time and remain seated throughout the ride and hold on, cause here we go!" -The Rattler SFFT

"Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, Joker Here, welcome to my steel twisted machine of torment. Please keep all hands and arms inside the train at all times and if you're gonna go, go with a smile." -Jokers Revenge (R.I.P) SFFT

------------------
Phreak223: broadband srmodband dial up is where it's at foo
Phreak223: man, dial up sucks so bad

+0
Friday, September 5, 2003 7:40 PM
Gotta love the corkscrew @ cp recording...

Welcome to corkscrew please listen carefully...Welcome back riders how was your ride?

------------------
http://sfdlmania.thrillnetwork.net

Six Flags Darien Lake Mania! Your #1 source for DL and other parks!

+0
Friday, September 5, 2003 7:41 PM
And another one for raptor...

Clear, cya back here in 232!

------------------
http://sfdlmania.thrillnetwork.net

Six Flags Darien Lake Mania! Your #1 source for DL and other parks!

+0
Friday, September 5, 2003 8:05 PM
Howdy folks, Swampwater Jack here. Your about to ride the Viper, the coaster that strikes twice. For your safety, please keep your hands and arms inside the car at all times. We dont want you to get snakebit! Please keep your head against the headrest, and hold on to all loose articles, especially hats and glasses. Thanks for visiting us, and ENJOY YOUR RIDE!

Viper-SFoG

------------------
SFoG Train Engineer since '03.
SFoG: Land of rides under 2 min.

+0
Friday, September 5, 2003 9:15 PM
One of my favorites:

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Are you ready for some speed, we've got 120 mph. Are you ready to get vertical, we've got 420 feet. Are you ready for the ultimate thrill? Are you ready for Top Thrill Dragster!"

+0
Friday, September 5, 2003 9:32 PM

Swoosh said:
"On coming riders welcome to the MAMBA, one of the tallest, fastest, and steepest coasters in the world. When the gates open please step carefully into your ride vehicle. Once seated pull the lap bar and buckle your safety belt. We'll be taking you over 200 feet in the air and dropping you at speeds over 75mph, so please secure all loose or valuable articles because Worlds of Fun can not be held responsible for their loss or damage. Now sit back, and hold on tight, cause the MAMBA is about to strike, enjoy your ride."

There's actions that we do it too - when you are a friend of an attendant that works there and you practically live at the park in the summer, you memorize the spiel way too easy. :)

------------------
SWOOSH
MidwestInfoGuide.COM

"Worlds of Fun 2004 - Prepare to SQUEAK with Delight!"


They ask riders to pull down their lap bars before buckling their seat belts? That's a little odd to do.

+0
Saturday, September 6, 2003 6:42 AM
Gotta love Dragster like someone else said.

are you ready for...Top...Thrill...Dragster!!!

Sunday Sunday Sunday!

------------------
http://sfdlmania.thrillnetwork.net

Six Flags Darien Lake Mania! Your #1 source for DL and other parks!

+0
Saturday, September 6, 2003 9:55 AM

ace4242424 said:
One of my favorites:

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Are you ready for some speed, we've got 120 mph. Are you ready to get vertical, we've got 420 feet. Are you ready for the ultimate thrill? Are you ready for Top Thrill Dragster!"



Its "Are you ready for the highest and fastest roller coaster in the world," not "Are you ready for the ultimate thrill." :-P


------------------
SFNE Central- Online Six Flags New England Resource

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...