SFNE 2002 coaster to be Joker themed?

Sunday, November 25, 2001 12:53 PM
The colors really do match Jokers style alot but SFNE allready has a Joker themed flat ride called "The Jokers Wildcard" a flat spinning indoor ride. Either this is a Joker style coaster or its an original. I dont think it could be anything else. What do you think?
+0
Sunday, November 25, 2001 12:57 PM
Are there any new pictures of track and such?
+0
Sunday, November 25, 2001 1:17 PM
I am wondering how vertical construction has not start yet on the new floorless? Maybe it has, but I haven't heard anything about it. I have a feeling that it might be a original name since none of the colors really coincide with a superhero and it is going to be in the south end region of the park, not the superhero section.
+0
Sunday, November 25, 2001 2:39 PM
I agree with Sethman.  Construction has begu awhile ago, so I hope an announcement comes soon. This won't be near the Superhero stuff and the colors don't match any superhero character.
+0
Sunday, November 25, 2001 2:46 PM
Any name will be good as long as it is not a Superzero.
+0
Sunday, November 25, 2001 4:27 PM
Check out coasterforce.com under their new rides section...they say that SFNE's new coaster for 2002 will be named Batgirl: The Ride. I don't know if this is accurate or not.
+0
Sunday, November 25, 2001 4:36 PM
I can't wait until vertical construction commences.  I think it will be an original name like SFoGs Georgia Scorcher. 
-----------------
TOP 5
1. Alpengeist, 2. Magnum XL-200, 3. Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE), 4. Volcano: The Blast Coaster, 5. Apollo's Chariot
Close Calls 1. Grizzly (PKD), 2. Batwing, 3. Montu
+0
Sunday, November 25, 2001 5:20 PM
The only superhero theme would have to be batman, I can definately see a Joker's theme on this ride.
+0
Monday, November 26, 2001 11:38 AM
Do you really think it could be called Batgirl:  The Ride.  That may be pushing these Batman themed rides a bit.  How about a detective theme where some mistery has to be solved and the only way to solve it is to get to the end by riding the coaster?  Hey, I'm just thinking.
-----------------
TOP 5
1. Alpengeist, 2. Magnum XL-200, 3. Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE), 4. Volcano: The Blast Coaster, 5. Apollo's Chariot
+0
Monday, November 26, 2001 12:00 PM
I don't think SFNE would go through that much trouble to make the coaster enjoyable. They just slap em' together and over advertise them w/ barely any theming. BTW, there is a maitnence road from Superhero Adv. to that very spot and a yellow brick road behind the gate that leads to the maitnence road. Its right next to Joker's Wild Card with a big gate. I knew they didn't make it fancy for no reason. It's going to either be a primary or secondary path to the coaster. Most likely a primary b/c they would have to take out either Chaos or Double Trouble to make room for an entrance.
-----------------
Six Flags New England goes "floorless" for 2002!!!
+0
Monday, November 26, 2001 12:05 PM
You can get some pictures of the color scheme at http://www.coasterhut.com
+0
Monday, November 26, 2001 4:30 PM
thank you, coasterhut for shamelessly advertising your site:) j/k
-----------------
The world's a roller coaster and I am not strapped in, maybe I should hold with care, But My hands are busy in the air- Incubus
+0
Monday, November 26, 2001 6:13 PM
LOL
+0
Monday, November 26, 2001 7:27 PM
I doubt a Joker theme... If it were, we'd be seeing green rails on purple track... I still think that I'd lean towards the rumor of a Batman theme, and no, the Batgirl name was just speculation on another forum.
-----------------
~ Blast Coaster - COASTERnet.CoasterBuzz.com!
+0
Tuesday, December 4, 2001 11:00 AM
I dont think it will be joker themed it will hopefully be an original its not that hard to make up a name and theme it without being a superhero!
+0
Tuesday, December 4, 2001 1:01 PM
It could be themed after Robin.  It could be called Robin's Revenge or something.
-----------------
TOP 5
+0
Tuesday, December 4, 2001 1:11 PM
It isn't Robin's colors.
-----------------
Six Flags New England loses its "floor" for 2002!!!
Visit www.geocities.com/sfneguy for info. about SFNE!!!
+0
Thursday, December 6, 2001 6:05 PM
Screamscape.com suggested a BatGirl Themed ride but i think its going to be themed after the Joker w/the color scheme..but then again who knows looks like we'll just have to wait and see.....

They shouldve themed it after The Green Lantern lol

+0
Thursday, December 6, 2001 6:08 PM
It could possibly be themed after the penguin.
+0
Thursday, December 6, 2001 6:11 PM
I can also throw in that Batgirl is a very likely possibility for the name.  I'm not positive though.
-----------------
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC