SFMM in 2002

Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:13 PM
Now I don't know if they will be getting anything next year, but if Cedar Point tries to regain the lead with most coasters, wouldn't SFMM strike back with more roller coasters? I have 2 reasons:

1.SFMM has added new rides for two straight years, so one more wouldn't hurt.

2.We all know the SFMM vs. CP wars, could it really start?

-------------
TITAN IS THE TEXAS' GIANT

-Coastergoose
Another Coasterbuzzer
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:20 PM
I can see Six Flags Magic Mountain getting a wild mouse from Arrow Dynamics in 2002 (I have a strong feeling that SFMM and Arrow Dynamics have a two or three coaster deal). Also, rumors are spreading that the park is interested in a wooden coaster from Intamin.
I personally hope SFMM does not get any coasters next year, but instead focuses on painting their coasters, getting new flat rides, and beautifying the park.

-------------
Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:20 PM
If they do I will be a little mad because that means (if the get 1) that they will have gotten 5 coasters in 3 years. Now, I cann understand them doing that for parks like SFMW and SFWoA because they're trying to get them started but for a park that they have had for 30 years? No way, that's just wrong.

-------------
Top Gun laps: 6
Times gone to PGA: 2
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:22 PM
Actually, SFMM has recieved at least one new coaster every year since Superman: The Escape opened. It would not hurt if SFMM took a year off.

-------------
Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:23 PM
I highly doubt that SFMM will get a new coaster next year. Six Flags has spent so much money on the park already.

-------------

Let the bears pay the Bear Tax, I pay the Homer Tax.
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:27 PM

Matthew said:
"I can see Six Flags Magic Mountain getting a wild mouse from Arrow Dynamics in 2002 (I have a strong feeling that SFMM and Arrow Dynamics have a two or three coaster deal). Also, rumors are

Disney's California Adventure opened the Mulholland Madness mouse ride this year. Paramount's Great America recently opened Psycho Mouse this year as well. And the TreeTop Racers mouse ride has been around for quite awhile now too. Do you really think another mouse in the Southern California theme park market will do any good for SFMM? I don't think so.
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:36 PM
I've had about enough, if SFMM gets another coaster in 2002 we should boycott Six Flags. :) The neglected parks like SFEG and SFKK are just going down the drain.

-------------
.:| Brandon Rodriguez |:.
http://www.coasters2k.com
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:37 PM
kRaXLeRidAh, Treetop Racers is not in a theme park, and has VERY few riders compared to if it were in a place like Knott's or Disney. The GP probably has no idea it exists. Psycho Mouse is in Northern California, not Southern. Mullholland Madness, OK, THAT one is in SoCal. I do not think the Wild Mouse quota is a full as you think, kRaXLeRidAh.

But wouldn't SFMM go for the more "x-treme" Arrow mouse, that being the ArrowBATic? It would also give SFMM another record, the most "inverted" coasters in one park, with 4.

Actually, at the rate it's going it looks like Deja Vu will be SFMM's new for 2002 ride. :(

-------------
"X" marks the spot in 2001!
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:41 PM
In order to keep the title of "Most Coasters in one park" They will need to add at least one more coaster. It would be stupid for them to get the record one year then lose it the next. Any coaster will do. But, like they say the bigger the better.
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 1:14 PM
I don't think SFMM expects or even cares about keeping the most coaster record. This was a plan gone wrong. The way it was suppose to work was, DCA opens to rave reviews and record crowds, Knott's announces record breaking attraction. SFMM counters with 3 new coasters, breaking the record for most coasters in one park. Goliath Jr. in early Spring, Deja Vu in late spring and X in early summer.

Absolutely none of that took place.

At this point I'm sure SFMM's main focus is getting X and Deja Vu operational. I imagine they could care less about an overrated most coasters stat right now.

-------------
There is no such thing as inner peace. There is only nervousness and death. *** This post was edited by DWeaver on 6/28/2001. ***
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 1:18 PM
DWeaver said:
"I don't think SFMM expects or even cares about keeping the most coaster record."

If Six Flags weren't to care about Most Coasters at One Park, then why did they add three roller coasters, not to mention a kiddie coaster to get the record.

-------------

-Coastergoose
Another Coasterbuzzer
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 1:23 PM
I think that they will add 2 coasters next year, a new kiddie or jaguar type coaster and a woodie near the back of the park. As for the kiddie, as probably not a lot of you have noticed but SFMM hasn't really done anything new near Colosss in a LONG time, I belive that they will put a new coaster there next year. I mean look at the map people, there is enough room between Batman and Colossus to put a new coaster there. I think this is a BIG possible spot for next years new coaster if they get one.
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 1:28 PM
They cared because it was a good marketing tool to use to battle rival so-cal parks. As I said before, it's a pretty thin concearn right now. As I have been saying all along, this had *VERY* little to do with Cedar Point. They just happened to be the park with the marketing chip that SFMM wanted.

-------------
There is no such thing as inner peace. There is only nervousness and death.
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 1:30 PM
I'd agree with DWeaver. Why in the world would MM even be thinking about adding new rides when one of their new ones isn't even testing yet (I don't think) and the other isn't even totally built? I really wouldn't think that the park would care about some petty record at this point. Just because we do doesn't mean that they do.
---
Life's too short to mind,
Just keep on with the sweet up and down
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 1:32 PM
If SfMM does any thing next year I hope they redo the theme majorly. ;)

-------------
Riddler's Revenge-Can You Stand It?
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 2:03 PM
If SFMM does add anything, then it would probably be a Wild Mouse or a CCI woodie. I don't want the park to get anything, but a water coaster would be pretty cool in the California heat.

-------------

-Coastergoose
Another Coasterbuzzer
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 2:20 PM
i personally don't think that SFMM is competing with CP since they're so far away from each other. it's not like they're fighting for visitors in the same area. anyways, its plain and simple....DCA opens and SFMM wanted to do something to get attention to their park.
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 2:20 PM
Remember that SFMM's 'record' of having the most coasters comes down to whether or not STE is a coaster, which Cedar Point is arguing its not.

-------------
.:| Brandon Rodriguez |:.
http://www.coasters2k.com
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 2:33 PM
I have never heard of Cedar Point arguing about STE not bing a coaster. I'm going to e-mail them now.

-------------
formerly SFMMLORD
+0
Thursday, June 28, 2001 2:50 PM
What are the other Inverts Soggy, I only know of Batman, and deja Vu, how do u figure four. X isnt inverted it doesnt hang beneath anything. So whats the fourth invert u figure.
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC