Knoebel's TR, 4/24

Associated parks:
None

Monday, April 25, 2005 11:05 PM
Mamoosh's avatar Crazy horse - there are pics on Knoebels' website.
+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 8:53 AM

Mamoosh said:
...meanwhile 30 miles east of the park on I-80 we had freezing rain and sleet [and a nice 20-mile traffic jam thanks to construction].

I didn't see any sleet but the traffic jam really messed us up. Those lane closures seem to be more and more commonplace lately- I can't drive through the state of PA without expecting at least one or two.

+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 9:23 AM
Lights staying on sounds like it should be unusual, but it doesn't seem out of place for Knoebels.
+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:23 PM
Hmmm, and I was at a birthday party for a 3-year old out in Conyngham on Sunday afternoon. I was thinking of making a quick jaunt over to Knoebels early in the afternoon, but when the temperature hadn't hit 40 by noon, I decided against it.

At least now we know who's responsible for bringing the lousy weather to PA-- first precip in 2 weeks, guys.

+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:47 PM
Don't blame us Jersey folks- we had the same nice weather you had for two weeks. Why did the temps have to plummet 40 degrees just in time for Knoebels opening day???
+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 2:09 PM
Yeah. There's plenty of other things to blame NJ for without yelling at them for the crummy weather.
+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 2:12 PM
Mamoosh's avatar I tried my best to being sunny and warm weather with me but it wouldn't fit in the overhead bin ;)
+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 3:03 PM
Stop Lyin, mooshy, you used up all of the warm, sunny weather in March whilst we were there for Solace. I'm still in debted to you for that trip ;).
+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 3:34 PM

millrace said:
Yeah. There's plenty of other things to blame NJ for without yelling at them for the crummy weather.

Like late WCFC publications?

+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 3:41 PM
If the state fits...
+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 4:12 PM
The nice sunny weather was here already. Heck it was 75-80 the w/e before-- and we had red flag (wildfire) warnings all last week. Moosh, I think you took our sunny weather and put it in your carryon.

Thank heavens we're not the roller coast-- this week at least.

+0
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 6:02 PM
Mamoosh's avatar The nice thing about Knoebels is that even with the less-then-stellar weather we all still had an awesome time!

Great park, great rides, great friends...who cares if the weather sucks?

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2021, POP World Media, LLC