Flying Super Saturator

Friday, August 10, 2007 9:23 PM
I heard that FSS might be leaving Carowinds. Some people seem to think it will be moved, or scraped. The last day will be Sept 3rd. If it does get moved, which park do you think it will be moved to?
+0
Friday, August 10, 2007 9:46 PM
Definitely NOT Michigan's Adventure.
+0
Friday, August 10, 2007 10:34 PM
Goodbye and take Borg with you
+0
Friday, August 10, 2007 11:22 PM
I've heard that there are some markings in the waterpark at GL, so perhaps that's a possiblilty?

My other guess would be that it's going back to Setpoint. That however is just a gut feeling without any evidence what so ever.

+0
Friday, August 10, 2007 11:44 PM
You know, the more I think about it and imagin it, don't you think this ride would do wonders for Geauga Lake? They could place it where the old waterpark was and add another flat ride or two around it and get a new theme going. Plus, they already have it set up to pipe water through that section of the park!
+0
Saturday, August 11, 2007 12:04 AM
Yea that'll be sweet. And I happen to like Borg. They should stop ruining the parks in Carolina. They should build more.
+0
Saturday, August 11, 2007 12:15 AM
Not to get this off-topic but who is "they"? Which parks are "they" ruining and in what way? And which Carolina...north or south?

*** Edited 8/11/2007 4:15:49 AM UTC by Mamoosh***

+0
Saturday, August 11, 2007 1:06 AM
john13601 said:
"Goodbye and take Borg with you"

Amen to that.

+0
Saturday, August 11, 2007 9:37 AM

Mamoosh said:
Definitely NOT Michigan's Adventure.

I don't know. This is the first rumor that might actually be plausable for MI Adventure...

In all seriousness, this type of ride could definately help with the Geauga Lake attendance problems, as GL has always generally been known more for its water park. But, by the same token, the same argument could also apply to MI Adventure. Only time will tell.

+0
Saturday, August 11, 2007 10:47 AM
Saturator's site would make a great location for A version of Sky Hawk, Maxair, or one of those Disko coasters.
+0
Sunday, August 12, 2007 11:44 AM

Mamoosh said:
Not to get this off-topic but who is "they"? Which parks are "they" ruining and in what way? And which Carolina...north or south?

Well, "They" are the ride relocation people responsible. Which Parks? By removing Saturator from Carowinds, Carowinds. But there are a few parks in Carolina that have coasters, and end up being closed, due to a number of reasons.

North or South? I thought it was obvious, but when Carolina is referred, it's the whole North and South, or just referring to the North. Also, Carowinds is in apart of both, so Carolina is the proper term for the placement. It's our only real amusement, and they are taking out rides. Just Wrong.

+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:53 AM
What's wrong with this ride? Of course, Cedar Fair is going to say it's a low capacity ride, and they want 90 million people on the ride a day, but what's wrong with how people are liking it? Don't they like it? How long are lines for it?
+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:18 AM
I would say lately that people don't really like it. Often the water effects don't work and the ride really feels like a waste of time.
+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:36 AM

BANDandDCI said:
Well, "They" are the ride relocation people responsible. Which Parks? By removing Saturator from Carowinds, Carowinds. But there are a few parks in Carolina that have coasters, and end up being closed, due to a number of reasons.

North or South? I thought it was obvious, but when Carolina is referred, it's the whole North and South, or just referring to the North. Also, Carowinds is in apart of both, so Carolina is the proper term for the placement. It's our only real amusement, and they are taking out rides. Just Wrong.


Coasters aren't removed with intention of the Park Managers saying "Hell, let's get people mad, let's relocate this." There are reasons behind it, whether it be maintenance costs, popularity, operational costs, etc.

And how is Carowinds in a part of both? It is IN North Carolina, not half in North and half in South. Thats like referring to Cedar Point as being a part of Pennsylvania and Ohio, or being one general area because advertisement for the park travels to both.

[/offTopic]

I could see this going to Geauga, into the old waterpark section, but then also I could see this going to Michigan's Adventure too, due to the family aspect of the coaster, rather than thrill.

+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:59 AM
I thought that the Flying Super Saturator sounded like a fun idea-- it's too bad that they're not using the water effects to their full, um, effect.

Actually Carowinds IS in both North and South Carolina-- it straddles the border, and the park makes a big point of it. There's a brick pathway near the entrance gates where you can be in both states at the same time, and they mention that Thunder Road goes through both N. and S. Carolina.

I'd sure be happy to see Carowinds get a great new coaster for next year, seein' as how I'm going to be living pretty much right down the road! :)

My problem is, unless a ride genuinely sucks, I want to keep all of the old rides while still getting new ones! Not realistic, I know...

CatPurrson

+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:06 PM
Geauga Lake is not a bad idea of a place to put this thing.
+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:12 PM

CatPurrson said:
Actually Carowinds IS in both North and South Carolina-- it straddles the border, and the park makes a big point of it.

I think what you meant to say is that the park USED to make a big point of it. They still do to a degree, but it's certainly not as prominently mentioned as it was pre-Paramount. Nowhere close.

+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 5:35 PM

ChillerLC1 said:

Geauga Lake is not a bad idea of a place to put this thing.


Why would CedarFair want to move X-Flight to PKI if they wanted to just give Geauga lake back another flyer from a different park? It just doesn't add up.

+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 5:50 PM

superflybri03 said:

ChillerLC1 said:

Geauga Lake is not a bad idea of a place to put this thing.


Why would CedarFair want to move X-Flight to PKI if they wanted to just give Geauga lake back another flyer from a different park? It just doesn't add up.


lol @ being confused

+0
Tuesday, August 14, 2007 9:04 PM
Superflybri03, it's not Borg.

I'd welcome Super Saturator up here. I liked Roller Soaker and it would be a good fit for Geauga Lake.

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...