Does anyone here have an inside source at the Morey orginization?

Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:34 PM

I'm dying to know what this is all about

http://www.5292010.com/

Hopefully it's that "Ghost Ship Island" haunted walkthrough that was rumored awhile back.

+0
Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:49 PM

Its the 500 foot inverted woodie that goes 678 mph....

+0
Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:18 PM

Try the dipping dots guy....

+0
Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:31 PM

/me laughs, knowing that the answer to the question is almost certainly "yes", and knowing that the poster is highly unlikely to receive the information he is looking for...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

+0
Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:18 PM

Ooh! I have one! (Starting this summer, I'll have two.) What do I win?

Last edited by kpjb, Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:19 PM
+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 12:19 PM

RideMan said:
/me laughs, knowing that the answer to the question is almost certainly "yes", and knowing that the poster is highly unlikely to receive the information he is looking for...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Wow.. what a bunch of tools. Oh well.

It must be what I think it is, because when I brought it up on their facebook page, they deleted my comment.s

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 12:43 PM

Given the URL of the website, I guess you'll find out for sure by May 29th.

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 1:41 PM

njbill said:
Wow.. what a bunch of tools. Oh well.

Wow, was Dave being mean or toolish?

Once you have been a coaster geek lonmg enough, you'll realize that you will usually not "know" anything until a company wants you to know. Chill Bill!

Last edited by janfrederick, Monday, February 1, 2010 1:41 PM
+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 1:47 PM

Probably not a good plan as a new guy to come in to an established community and start slinging names.

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 1:53 PM

It would have been way cooler to give each person an individual tool nickname instead of just calling them all tools.

Like Dave could be "The Hammer" and Ken could be "Screwdriver" and Joel could be "Vise Grip" - thats the way to do it.

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 1:54 PM

njbill, you asked whether anyone here has an inside source at Morey's. Two people said yes. Question answered.

The webpage seems like some creative marketing. Have it appear that an insider is leaking information to the public in direct violation of a confidentiality agreement. Ignis fatuus, I like the name too.

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 2:17 PM

Lord Gonchar said:
It would have been way cooler to give each person an individual tool nickname instead of just calling them all tools.

Like Dave could be "The Hammer" and Ken could be "Screwdriver" and Joel could be "Vise Grip" - thats the way to do it.

Totally. That's how I'd do it. That system also works when referring to a 'bunch of clowns"... "Bozo", "Crusty", "Floppy the Banjo", etc.

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 2:19 PM

I like the difinition too.

Ignis fatuus

@gonch, lol on the nicknmes. Especialy "The Hammer"

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 2:20 PM

Jeff said:
Probably not a good plan as a new guy to come in to an established community and start slinging names.

Yeah that privilege happens when you been here since April 2001.. :)

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 2:21 PM

Bill, what comments were deleted from the Facebook page? I still see a bunch of (potentially) your comments on here regarding your question. Either way, you're being a little too direct with your questions and the style of marketing going on here.

Just go along with the slow reveal and have fun with it, the confidentiality agreement that was made is serious business and no self-respecting Morey associate will leak any information to those not apart of the organization.

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 2:28 PM

ridemcoaster said:
Yeah that privilege happens when you been here since April 2001.. :)


Someone who has been here since 2001 has probably helped establish said community. In which case any claims of name calling are most likely typcal whining from someone who doesn't get it when the established community lets them know they're not getting it.

...just like this thread. :)

Carrie M. said:
Totally. That's how I'd do it. That system also works when referring to a 'bunch of clowns"... "Bozo", "Crusty", "Floppy the Banjo", etc.

It also works when you call someone "Summer's Eve" or "Massengill" ;)

Last edited by Lord Gonchar, Monday, February 1, 2010 2:34 PM
+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 2:40 PM

umm huh??

Wait.. Nevermind..

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 4:23 PM

What can I say, I call em like I see em.

Not commenting would have been sufficient.

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 4:26 PM

RatherGoodBear said:
njbill, you asked whether anyone here has an inside source at Morey's. Two people said yes. Question answered.

The webpage seems like some creative marketing. Have it appear that an insider is leaking information to the public in direct violation of a confidentiality agreement. Ignis fatuus, I like the name too.

.

You're right, they ansered my question, behaving like a douchnozzle, is part of the bonus plan around these parts I guess?

+0
Monday, February 1, 2010 4:30 PM

If it is, then it seems you'll fit right in. ;)

As Jeff pointed out, in general when joining an online community as a new member, it's best to sit back and learn the style and culture before starting to post. It's definitely best to learn the basic sense of humor of the site as well, before starting to call people names.

+0

Closed topic.

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC
Loading...