Alot of changes for 2008:
1. most likely J2 WILL be trimmed as well as the second hill completely reprofiled.
2. The falling star and the chaos will be removed to make way for a new family water attraction by whitewater west called a rain fortress.(similar to the play structure at hershey but the next size smaller.) with 10 slides and over 450 interactive water objects
3. alot of money will be spent on beautification of the park, its facilities, the parking lot, the buildings, the games, and its staff,
as well as marketing.
They have alot of big plans and see alot of potential in our small Clementon Park.
Also the season will be extended from 76 operating dyas in 2007 to 113 in 2008 including full time in june and weekends in september and october for Halloscreams!
Season pass prices for next year will be very cheap and competitive.
I was going to buy a season pass next year just to ride Tsunami but I hope I don't buy and its not the same coaster.
Yes this is a reason to get to the Park ASAP this year. I may head out on Monday night again
ANY WORD ON JACK RABBIT
- *** Edited 8/21/2007 4:38:18 PM UTC by PcMan***
I called the park last week and was told the news will be announced in Oct or November.
I'm also local and everyone (locals) knows about this already.
Even when you visit the park the employees talk openly about it.
This is no reason to close this thread down.
There are other threads on this board that are talking up other rides and parks that have yet to be announced or even have a Link.
if that was the case there would have been no talk on this board about Maverick.
- I rode past the park yesterday and they had a Crane over the bottom of the lift hill on Tsunami and a Train halfway up the lift I would assume train removal ? I have some pics I will post Later
- All the Picnic tables are In the back parking Lot
- I could see a giant pile of soil in the picnic area this to me looks like they are digging a footing for a new building ?
- called the park and girl said no announcements till next year on the new owners
- asked about Season pass and she said not till next year
- in the new 10-4-07 July August ACE news they say the park is sold and the Jack Rabbit will be Demolished. if they do Demolish the coaster I will be there to take photos (this will be a sad day it was my 1st big coaster)
i have taken a ton of pics of the whole park so that when all work is said and done we have some nice before and after pics.
NEW YORK, Nov 09, 2007 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Angelo, Gordon & Co. ("Angelo Gordon") announced today that it has created Adrenaline Family Entertainment, Inc. ("Adrenaline" or the "Company") in conjunction with its acquisition of Clementon Lake Park in Clementon, New Jersey. Angelo Gordon acquired the business in August in partnership with amusement park industry veterans Hue Eichelberger and Russell Kuteman. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Adrenaline Family Entertainment has been established with the goal of building a diversified portfolio of amusement park operations through acquisition and selective greenfield development opportunities. Adrenaline will be led by CEO Hue Eichelberger, who is the former Executive Vice President of the Eastern Region for Six Flags, Inc., and CFO Russell Kuteman, also a former Six Flags executive.
"We are very pleased to be partnering with Hue and Russell as we pursue this exciting consolidation strategy," commented Dan Bonoff, a Managing Director at Angelo Gordon. "We have studied the amusement park industry and believe it offers an attractive return profile. Clementon is a perfect example of the type of asset we are seeking to acquire because of its strong regional presence and significant growth potential."
Based in Clementon, NJ, approximately 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia, Clementon Lake Park was founded in 1907, making it one of the oldest operating amusement parks in the United States. The park had been owned by the family of Larry Baker since 1977. Clementon Lake Park is situated on approximately 55 acres of land and features both amusement park rides and a water park. The park has historically been open from Memorial Day until Labor Day and currently serves approximately 250,000 people annually.
"With Angelo Gordon's financial and strategic support, we are setting out to build a world class organization. We are eager to find additional opportunities to continue to grow our business," said Eichelberger.
About Angelo, Gordon & Co.
Angelo, Gordon & Co. is a leading alternative investment money management firm founded in 1988 and, with its affiliates, has approximately $16 billion under management. Currently, the firm's investment disciplines encompass four principal areas: (i) distressed debt and leveraged loans, (ii) real estate, (iii) private equity and special situations and (iv) a number of hedge fund strategies. Angelo, Gordon & Co. employs over 100 investment professionals and is headquartered in New York, with associated offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Hong Kong, Seoul, and Shanghai.
SOURCE Angelo, Gordon & Co.
- *** Edited 11/9/2007 5:46:01 PM UTC by PcMan***
You must be logged in to post