2010 Holiwood Nights or CoasterMania

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:07 AM

Holiday World has put out their dates for 2010 Holiwood Nights for June 4 & 5. This is the same weekend that CoasterMania was held in 2009. Depending on what CP sets their dates for, this could create quite a conflict.

If they are both the same dates, which event will you go to?

http://www.holidayworld.com/clubs

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:38 AM

If I were you I'd go to Coastermania...

...because I'll be at Holiwood Nights and want more rides on Voyage! lol ;)

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:59 AM

I am leaning toward Holiwood Nights, because CM 2009 was quite crowded.

Friday nights ERT only yielded 4 laps on Maverick and we were in line before the ERT started, and rode the last train of the night.

But since you are going to HN I may just have to rethink my plans. :)

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:00 PM

Next year, if it come down to a choice, I will probably opt for Holiwood Nights over CM. It was unbelievably crowded on the peninsula a few weeks ago.

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:44 PM

I'd go to HN without hesitation.

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:50 PM

Assuming that CP will still be doing CoasterMania the first week of June, then 2010 might be the first year I do Fall Affair. Because of the time of year I'd rather do HWN than FA, but I'm not going to miss CM.

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:20 PM

I think for people who typically go to both, the choice would obviously be HW, but then I'm surprised every year at the number of people who go to CM.

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:25 PM

The best answer I've seen is this:

If you love steel, attend Coastermania. If you love wood, attend Holiwood Nights.

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:35 PM

What if you love Moosh?

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:37 PM

HW's crowds have lightened since Voyage opened in 2006. I'm not sure if Wildbeast will be enough to give the event attendance a boost. In 2006 there were about 1500. I think it was more like 500 this year.

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:38 PM

Jeez, Ken...I was gonna wait to announce this but, oh well:

SAVE THE DATE:
Mooshiwood Nightsmania
June 10, 2010
(open to men only)

Last edited by Mamoosh, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:38 PM
+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:45 PM

Easiest question ever!

Holiwood Nights is THE event for me!

How could anyone pass up the opportunity to power ride Voyage... in the dark!?!

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:39 PM

Jason Hammond said:
HW's crowds have lightened since Voyage opened in 2006.

Don't forget that HW didn't have coaster events for a few years before the fall of '05. I think that contributed quite a bit to the boost in attendance as well.

I'm expecting a similar occurence at KI this year if they decide to continue their Ride Warrior event.

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:49 PM

Mamoosh said:

Mooshiwood Nightsmania
June 10, 2010
(open to men only)

Mooshiwood Nightsmania is THE event for me!

How could anyone pass up the opportunity to power ride Moosh... in the dark!?!

:)

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:53 PM

Im just upset at the weekend both of these events are, I graduate that weekend and thus will not be able to attend both (was really hoping on making it to my first Holliwood Nights) but if I was I would be happy because that should mean less enthusiasts at each of the events and more ERT at the one you go to.

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:54 PM

Mamoosh said:

SAVE THE DATE:
Mooshiwood Nightsmania
June 10, 2010
(open to men only)

Really? Well, I guess I now know where I stand. First Jeff puts a ban on Gonch putting his hands down anyone's pants, and now this... *sigh*

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 4:20 PM

Touchdown said:
Im just upset at the weekend both of these events are, I graduate that weekend and thus will not be able to attend both (was really hoping on making it to my first Holliwood Nights) but if I was I would be happy because that should mean less enthusiasts at each of the events and more ERT at the one you go to.

Priorities, man, priorities!

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 4:31 PM

Im well aware of priorities, but I believe I can still be mad at the way that weekend will have not one, not two, not even three but four things I would normally attend. My 5th year college reunion is that week too, that said I never gave a second thought to going to any of the other three, graduation is by far the most important.

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:24 PM

Coaster Mania will not be on the same weekend, as CP will schedule it to coincide with coaster con which is at kennywood starting June 20th.

+0
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:41 PM

LostKause said: How could anyone pass up the opportunity to power ride Moosh... in the dark!?! :)

...and I'll get my LK credit! ;)

Carrie M. said: Really? Well, I guess I now know where I stand. First Jeff puts a ban on Gonch putting his hands down anyone's pants, and now this... *sigh*

I'll hold a women's event too but it won't involved riding ;)

Last edited by Mamoosh, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:42 PM
+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2018, POP World Media, LLC