Gold Rush over at Kennywood

Posted | Contributed by Agent Johnson

Tomorrow will be a dark day for a dark ride: Kennywood is closing The Gold Rusher. Presenting a fantasy trip into a haunted mine, The Gold Rusher, which opened in 1981, is considered a classic by dark ride enthusiasts. Hollywood special effects designer Maurice Ayers, who won an Oscar in 1949 for developing a lightweight plaster process for set construction, designed the interior scenes.

Read more from The Post-Gazette.

Related parks

Comments: 27