CoasterBuzz Podcast #98 posted
Posted Monday, December 17, 2007 6:11 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike, Greg and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Morey's upgrading their Hang-n-Bang with a new train. Now with less bang!
- Kid contests, adults and the joke that was RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. Gonch picks on 10-year-olds.
- Grandma got busted packing heat at the Magic Kingdom. Um, why? Rose McGowan had a machine gun leg in "Planet Terror."
- Kennywood gets a new dark ride. You call turkeys, not shoot them at Holiday World.
- Kennywood Entertainment purchased by Spanish Parques Reunidos. Discussions ensued about foreign ownership, but as time has passed, perhaps it's almost a non-issue.
- A new slide for the water park at Six Flags Over Texas. Too much like the Tornado? Increase in overall capacity?
- SeaWorld San Diego boosting line up with Sesame Street attractions. The crew reminisces about growing up on Da Street. An off-topic discussion ensues about No Child Left Behind, education and DVD's.
- SeaWorld Orlando temporarily converts simulator to Polar Express attraction. Jeff wasn't that fond of the movie.
- Ed Markey's CPSC bill doesn't even make it out of committee. He panders to voters instead of actually getting things done.
- Six Flags is getting really stupid about season pass sales again. So much for going in the right direction.
- PointBuzz, the unofficial Cedar Point site, was relaunched last weekend and ready to celebrate the site's 10th birthday. The guys recount their early Web exposure.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast