CoasterBuzz Podcast #91 posted
Posted Monday, October 15, 2007 5:39 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- No takers for Wild West World. Shocker.
- Slightly off-topic, residents of Kauai have a case of NIMBY that's familiar. Gonch says that for better or worse, you can't stop progress.
- Florida theme parks said to be relatively resistant to economic trials and tribulations. Jeff remembers Orlando right after 9/11, amazed at how busy it is now. Gonch does the math.
- Attendance down at fair in Tulsa, official says it has nothing to do with the loss of Bell's.
- The 49ers want to build a stadium next to Great America and cause what Cedar Fair calls a parking nightmare. Cedar Fair has a win-win situation, where if the 49ers and local officials want it bad enough, they'll pay dearly, otherwise the park can go about its business.
- Stupid criminal of the week story.
- Morey's considers new trains for its SLC. Ever meet an SLC you liked?
- County assessor for Great America gets in on the action with a completely irrelevant opinion, and lacks common sense that tax assessed values have nothing to do with fair market values.
- Short and terrible show, but we're getting closer to 100!
- We'll see some of you at BooBuzz this weekend.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast