CoasterBuzz Podcast #80 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Pat and Mike review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Jeff and Gonch drink too much soda at the parks.
- So long and thanks for all the fish: Question of dolphin exploitation comes up again.
- Expert says that ride maintenance at Japanese parks is sorely lacking.
- Dorney is getting the Impulse from Geauga Lake. Pat doesn't understand why the park doesn't compete more with other parks in that region.
- Hershey Entertainment CEO has big plans for the area, beyond the park itself.
- Newspaper article outlines the inspection habits of Ohio Dept. of Agriculture.
- Universal Studios will bring New Line characters into Halloween events on both coasts.
- Six Flags has some varied and odd deals for season pass holders and the people they want to bring.
- Jeff rants about the "airtime" needs of enthusiasts.
- Jeff also rants about the newsworthiness of deaths on rides not related to the mechanical operation of the attraction.
- Six Flags experiences seem to be generally better this year, except in Dan Snyder's back yard (Six Flags America).
- Lower height requirements make for a better family experience.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast