CoasterBuzz Podcast #77 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Richard, Greg and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Richard is live from the airport in Tokyo.
- Jeff has a report on Chocolate Buzz last weekend at Hersheypark. He's undefeated with eleven laps on Lightning Racer.
- A little more on Maverick following the media event for the ride.
- Very strange accident getting people off of the river ride at Animal Kingdom.
- Harry Potter is coming to Islands of Adventure. Richard feels this is a huge score for the UK tourists that Universal is currently lacking.
- Richard says that the X clone at Fuji-Q, Eejanaika, is not an improvement. A ride once to say you did ride.
- Japanese safety and maintenance seems to vary quite a bit, according to Richard, and found a Togo stand-up that you could "sit on" all day.
- The Japanese Disney parks are best in the company.
- Hollywood Dream, a B&M at Universal there, is a very cool ride with on-board music you can choose. It has on-board lighting as well.
- NASA has truly lost its way, but they have a new simulator in Florida.
- Marriott is licensing the Nickelodeon brand. Viacom is making a ton, but aren't they diluting the brand for the licensees?
- Cedar Fair gives a peek to early numbers. Per cap spending is up, and they've already got 3 million guests up through Memorial Day for the year.
- Jeff grows tired of all the Geauga Lake dogging. The gloom and doom is unfounded.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast