CoasterBuzz Podcast #73 posted
Posted Monday, May 7, 2007 7:27 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Conneaut Lake is trying to raise money with commemorative coins. They're a long way off thus far.
- Entering a low zone while a ride is operating seems like a bad idea, so why does someone die this way every year or two?
- Epcot restaurants are getting a makeover. We realize now that much of that side of the park had not been updated in decades.
- What do you do when your property tax begins to overwhelm your existing business?
- Detroit waterfront gets a carousel, it still scares Jeff.
- Universal Studios Dubai announced. Dubai is becoming the Caribbean for Europe.
- Wild West World opens, and we're betting it will be successful.
- Kennywood expands its portfolio with another kid-centric property. Gonch likes Fred Rogers.
- Dick Kinzel and the state of Cedar Fair. Is he a bit too focused on Cedar Point? Also: Geauga Lake's future, Ohio park differentiation, and the Nickelodeon license.
- Disney cuts smoking in the resorts on their own, sans legislation. We like that.
- Expoland in Japan has a fatal accident as an axle fails on stand-up coaster.
- PointBuzz has coverage of Maverick's media day on Thursday.
- Don't forget that the deadline is approaching for Chocolate Buzz. Register today!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast