CoasterBuzz Podcast #72 posted
Posted Monday, April 30, 2007 7:41 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- X-Flight reborn as Firehawk at Kings Island. Weird!
- The Ohio parks are connected in terms of how they scan season passes. Six Flags is doing some clever things with season passes as well.
- The rumor about Harry Potter coming to Islands of Adventure keeps getting stronger. What would it mean for the park?
- Conneaut Lake is still not getting any help. They're trying to raise money by selling old tokens.
- The Simpsons are replacing Back to The Future at the Universal Studios parks. We hope they're going to replace the motion base.
- Mike clears up any confusion about what a churro is.
- Dorney wants to build a "LIM coaster" that we assume is Geauga Lake's Steel Venom. Dorney is sweet.
- Anaheim mayor sides with Disney over the low-cost housing. Mike tells us how Chicago handles the issue of affordable housing.
- Euro Disney still losing money, but less than before.
- A big conversation ensues about big corporations versus small business. Mike loves himself some Target, and we hate Wal-Mart.
- Don't forget that the deadline is approaching for Chocolate Buzz. Register today!
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast