CoasterBuzz Podcast #70 posted
Posted Monday, April 2, 2007 11:21 PM | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Holiday World is a best value. Duh.
- This week on the Conneaut Lake Show: No zoning changes for you!
- Alton Towers gets its appeal in terms of the noise restrictions.
- Still more protests over the redevelopment of Astroland.
- Mt. Olympus is an interesting case study in the development of an amusement park. Mike says they have Mario Kart tracks.
- Kings Island sites all have new names, and they're watching the installation of Firehawk (formerly known as X-Flight).
- Sell and lease... the trendy way to infuse capital into your park!
- Michigan's Adventure named best attraction in the state. Jeff strongly agrees that it's a nice park.
- What is the HR crisis facing amusement parks? Why do they have to go overseas to fill the spots?
- The free soda challenge: Value is about perception, not science. Gonch just doesn't get it.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast