CoasterBuzz Podcast #69 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Mike and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Dollywood auctions off first rides on Mystery Mines. Great publicity for the park, great benefit for charities. A good trend among the amusement parks.
- This week in the Conneaut Lake saga: Land sale might proceed if conditions are met, but local business owners don't want to see the sale.
- Disney and local business owners want to take the Anaheim low-income housing issue to the voters. We explain why.
- The old Chippewa Lake property may be redeveloped as a public park.
- A new Marvel themed park is coming to Dubai. What a great property for a huge potential market.
- The Alton Towers clowns complain about noise again. Who cares? They're allegedly guilty of the same thing with a factory in another town.
- Six Flags launches a new Web site, and it's better, but generally average.
- Johnny Rockets is coming to a Six Flags near you. This deal clearly benefits the parks more than the restaurants.
- Cold Stone versus Dippin' Dots. Like that's a real contest.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast