CoasterBuzz Podcast #67 posted
Posted | Contributed by Jeff
Jeff, Greg and Pat review this week's news in the amusement industry.
- Dubai Capital sells Tussauds to Blackstone in a relative quick flip.
- Surprise! Mesa wins development project.
- Joyland in trouble financially under new ownership.
- Universal Orlando teases new Blue Man Group theater, starting in June. Blue Man fans might be more freakish than coaster geeks.
- Safety Braking Corp. is suing everyone using magnetic bakes on their rides. Smells like SCO.
- Developers back Anaheim in Disney suit against low-income housing in the neighborhood. Gonch is still on the fence.
- If you have diarrhea, don't get in the pool. Some people got sick after visiting Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, for unknown reasons.
- Pavilion rides will live on in Myrtle Beach.
- Six Flags New Orleans still isn't going to open, and we wonder if it makes sense for it to ever open.
- Kennywood gets hip with in-park video information system, and there will be text message stuff and interaction with guests.
- No BeastBuzz this year, unfortunately.
Link: CoasterBuzz Podcast